Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 1470) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01 (AEDT) on 1 February 2023 and closes at 11:59 (AEDT) on 31 March 2023 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to registered Qantas Learning Hub members, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period complete:
a) Complete the two learning modules outlined below from our Qantas for Business course available on the Qantas Learning Hub.
- Fundamentals of Qantas Business Rewards
- Introduction to Qantas Corporate Airfares Agreements for Small to Medium Enterprise.
b) Answer our short survey
c) Answer in 25 words or less 'How will you use your refreshed understanding of Qantas’ SME products to unlock more value for your customers when flying Qantas?'.
6. Entrants must be members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide their unique Qantas Frequent Flyer member identification number to be in the running.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. Eligible Entrants receive one entry.
9. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11. Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity in responding to the question in 25 words or less 'How will you use your refreshed understanding of Qantas’ SME products to unlock more value for your customers when flying Qantas?'
12. Judging will take place at on 2 April 2023 at 10 Bourke Road Mascot. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter. The top five Eligible Entrants with the most creative responses will each win 100,000 Qantas Points. Once Eligible Entrants have won 100,000 Qantas Points, they will not be eligible to receive it again.
13. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14. There will be five prizes of 100,000 Qantas Points (Prize). The maximum notional value of each prize is AU$1000.00, based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Points that could be obtained by purchasing Top-up Points through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as defined in the terms and conditions).
15. Qantas Points may take up to 6 weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the judging date (or any rejudging date, as applicable).
16. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each prize.
18. The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
19. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
20. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
21. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
22. The winners will be notified by email by 5 April 2022 and their names will be published in Qantas Agency Alert communication.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits tax
28. Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.