When booking flights at qantas.com, choose a payment method that suits you. Find out which options are available and conditions that may apply.
On this page
The range of payment methods and the options available to you will depend on the country that your booking departs from and the amount of time left before you depart.
You may be offered one or more of the following payment options when making your flight booking:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, American Express and JCB)
- Debit card
- Book Now, Pay Later
- Qantas Points
Pay for your flight using one of the following options:
Dynamic Currency Conversion
If you are making a booking departing from Australia, UK, Germany, USA, Hong Kong or Singapore using an eligible card you can choose to pay in the same currency as your card currency using our Dynamic Currency Converter.
Simply enter your eligible card details on the Payment page and your ticket price will be converted to the currency of your card. You can then choose to pay in that currency or the original currency quoted.
Dynamic Currency Conversion is available for Mastercard and Visa cards issued in: AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, NZD, HKD and SGD.
Dynamic Currency Conversion conditions
Dynamic Currency Conversion is not available for fares booking using Qantas Points, 'Book Now, Pay Later' bookings, or if you add other products such as travel insurance to your flight booking. You can purchase these products with your flight booking using the quoted currency.
If you choose to pay in the quoted currency with a card issued in another currency, the exchange rate and any conversion fees will be determined by your card provider. If you choose to accept the Dynamic Currency Conversion offer, the conversion amount shown will include a Qantas administration charge (which is non-refundable).
Any refunds on tickets purchased using Dynamic Currency Conversion will be made in the quoted currency at the quoted amount, and the exchange rate applied to the refund amount will be determined by your card provider.
If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you can save your credit or debit card details for the next time you book a flight and save time.
- Simply log in to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account before making your booking.
- When paying for your flight, select 'save card details'.
To update your stored card details, log in to your Frequent Flyer account.
Update stored card details:
- Login to your Frequent Flyer account.
- Select 'Your profile'.
- Click the 'Saved Payment Details' option to edit or delete your stored card details.
To use your Qantas UATP card to pay for your booking, simply select UATP as your payment method.
We understand it takes time to plan the perfect trip. With Book Now, Pay Later you can hold your seat by paying a holding deposit of $25 for eligible Qantas fares and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date.
The option to pay later and the length of time you have to pay will depend on your fare conditions and time until your chosen departure date.
Book Now, Pay Later is available for the following types of bookings departing Australia:
- one-way and
Book Now, Pay Later is not available for the following fares:
- Round the world,
- fares booked with Qantas Points,
- combined Qantas and Jetstar flights.
Some special fares may not be eligible for Book Now, Pay Later. If the fare you've chosen is eligible, you'll be provided with the Pay Later option on the Payment page.
When insurance is chosen, you can choose to add this extra to your booking after you have made full payment; simply retrieve your booking at Manage booking.
How to hold your seat
If your booking is eligible for Book Now, Pay Later this option will appear along with the date full payment is due on the Payment page - just look for the Pay Later logo.
- Simply book your eligible flights from Australia.
- Review and confirm your flight details.
- Select the 'Pay Later' tab in the Payment section and pay your $25 holding deposit.
After you have paid your holding deposit, you will receive an email with the full details required for paying online.
While your booking is on hold, the total ticket price may change due to amendments in taxes, fees and carriers charges, as well as fare adjustments. Changes to bookings that are on hold using Book Now, Pay Later are not permitted prior to full payment. Once full payment has been made, changes are permitted as per the Fare Rules.
How to pay for your booking
- Retrieve your booking at Manage booking.
- Select the 'Pay Now' button.
- Pay for your booking in full.
Your holding deposit will be refunded to the card charged after full payment has been made online. An e-ticket itinerary receipt and email advising of your holding deposit refund will be sent to you. Please allow two business days to process the refund, plus your card provider may take additional time to process the credit to your account.
Pay Later conditions
1. Payment must be made in full on or before midnight (11:59pm) of the due date advised at the time of booking. If you do not pay the fare in full on or before the due date the booking will be cancelled. The time zone used to calculate midnight for your booking will be advised when you choose the Book Now, Pay Later option.
2. The holding deposit will not be refunded when:
- you pay for your tickets via your local Qantas office
- you pay for your tickets at the airport
- you cancel the booking, or
- the booking is cancelled because you have not paid in full before the due date.
3. Should you decide to change your itinerary, you will need to cancel your booking and create a new booking.
4. Book Now, Pay Later is not available for fares booked using Qantas Points.
Qantas Frequent Flyer members have the option to use Qantas Points to book flights using Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay – Flights. Login to your Frequent Flyer account to make a booking using your Qantas Points.
Classic Flight Rewards
Points Plus Pay – Flights
As a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you can choose the Points Plus Pay - Flights option to pay for your flights with a mixture of Qantas Points and money at qantas.com. The more Qantas Points used, the less money paid. You can even choose to pay entirely with your Qantas Points, including the taxes, fees and charges.
The minimum number of Qantas Points required starts from 5,000 points per booking and is subject to change.
How to book using Points Plus Pay - Flights
1. Login to your Frequent Flyer account before you make your booking.
2. Select your preferred flights.
3. Choose the 'Use Points Plus Pay' button on the Options page.
4. Use the sliding tool to choose the mix of Qantas Points and money that suits you.
5. Complete your booking using your payment details for the chosen amount.
Days are calculated as a 24 hour period, not calendar days.
Disclaimer: *Bookings made through Qantas Contact Centres and selected Qantas airport locations, web chat and social media channels may attract an additional booking fee per passenger per booking – see the Schedule of Fees for more information.
Disclaimer: ^ There is a maximum limit of 20 characters for the name assigned to the details of each stored card. If more than one Frequent Flyer is in the booking, the card is stored against the logged in Frequent Flyer’s membership number only. If you do not wish to store your card information for future bookings, please do not tick the box during the booking process. To see and use a stored card, you must be logged in to the Frequent Flyer profile against which the card was stored. Expired stored cards will not be visible on the payment page when making a future booking.
Disclaimer: + Points Plus Pay - Flights is not available for Classic Flight Rewards bookings or the Book Now Pay Later facility. Not all Points Plus Pay - Flights are presented through Flight Bookings and the points and money required for the different flights may differ, so it may be worth checking both Flight Bookings and Reward Bookings for your flights. Find out more about Points Plus Pay - Flights or view the full terms and conditions.