With Book Now, Pay Later you can hold your booking by paying a holding guarantee for eligible Qantas fares and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date.
- If your flight departs from Australia, Canada, France, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom or the United States, you may be offered the option to put your booking on hold.
- The option to pay later and the length of time you have to pay will depend on your fare conditions and the time until your chosen departure date. The date on which complete payment is due is displayed on the Payment and Confirmation pages during the booking process.
- While your booking is on hold, the total ticket price may change due to amendments in taxes, fees and carrier charges, as well as fare adjustments.
- Payment must be made in full on or before midnight (11.59pm) of the due date advised at the time of booking. If you don't pay the fare in full on or before the due date, your booking will be cancelled. The time zone used to calculate midnight for your booking will be advised when you choose the Book now, Pay Later option.
1. The holding guarantee will not be refunded when:
- you pay for your tickets via your local Qantas office,
- you pay for your tickets at the airport,
- you cancel the booking, or
- the booking is cancelled because you have not paid in full before the due date.
2. Should you decide to change your itinerary, you'll need to cancel your booking and create a new booking.
3. Book now, Pay Later is not available for fares booked using Qantas Points.
To hold your seat, you'll need to pay a holding deposit per passenger:
- Australia - A$25
- Canada - C$25
- France - €20
- Japan - ¥2,000
- New Zealand - NZ$50
- Singapore - S$25
- United Kingdom - £15
- United States - US$25
If the fare you've chosen is eligible, you'll be provided with the Pay later option on the Payment page.
Book Now, Pay Later is available for the following types of bookings:
- one-way and
Book Now, Pay Later isn't available for the following:
- Round the world itineraries,
- when redeeming Qantas Points,
- combined Qantas and Jetstar flight bookings,
- some special fares.
When insurance is chosen, you can choose to add this extra to your booking after you have made full payment; simply retrieve your booking at Manage booking.
If your booking is eligible for Book Now, Pay Later, this option will appear along with the date full payment is due on the payment page - just look for the Pay later tab.
Simply book your eligible flight.
Select the 'Pay later' tab in the payment section and pay your holding guarantee.
After you've paid your holding guarantee, you'll receive an email with the full details required for paying online.
Select the Pay Now button.
Complete your payment.
Your holding guarantee will be refunded to the card charged after full payment has been made online. An e-ticket itinerary receipt and email advising of your holding guarantee refund will be sent to you. It'll take two business days to process the refund, plus your card provider may take additional time to process the credit to your account.