Cancel for any reason
As a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you can cancel for any reason within 24 hours of making your booking and we'll waive the cancellation fee. Simply make Qantas your first destination.
On this page
We know that planning a trip takes time and coordination, especially if it includes all the quality ingredients that make up a great holiday or a seamless business trip.
That's why we're making it easier for you to plan your next trip as a Qantas Frequent Flyer, knowing that when you make an eligible flight booking with us directly online, via the Qantas app or through your local Qantas office, you can cancel for any reason online, within 24 hours of making your booking, and we'll waive the cancellation fee.
It's our way of making sure you've got the time to plan your ideal trip while locking in the best fare to get you there.
Made a mistake on your booking? There's no need to cancel
Simply call us by midnight on the same day, and we'll waive the service and change fees on eligible bookings. Find out more about Same day no mistake.
Join Qantas Frequent Flyer
Join today and start earning Qantas Points. Earn Status Credits to unlock your next membership tier. Conditions apply.
Make an eligible flight booking on this website, via the Qantas app or through your local Qantas office. Remember to add your Qantas Frequent Flyer number.
If your plans change, you can cancel for any reason within 24 hours of making your booking. Simply go to Manage booking on this website and enter your booking reference and last name. You'll also need to be signed in to your Frequent Flyer account to access this option.
Alternatively, you can log in to My Account, then go to flight booking and select ‘Manage’ to cancel your booking.
Once your booking is displayed, click on the cancel button and follow the prompts.
Bookings that can be refunded
We'll refund flight bookings made directly with Qantas on this website, via the Qantas app or through a Qantas office, that:
- were flights for travel within or from Australia,
- were paid with cash, a mixture of cash and Qantas Points, Classic Flight Reward bookings, or a combination of Classic Flight Reward and non-Classic Flight Reward bookings, and
- were made more than 30 days before departure of your first flight.
We'll also refund any amounts for eligible ancillary products included in your flight booking, which are:
- pre-paid seat requests,
- pre-paid additional baggage allowances, and
- to offset flight carbon emissions.
Bookings that cannot be refunded
We're not able to refund flight bookings under this policy:
- For travel departing outside of Australia.
- Outside the 24-hour cooling off period. The 24-hour cooling off period starts when you make your booking.
- Booked through a travel agent or other third-party provider.
- Where the ticket hasn't been issued. If you booked using BPay and transferred the funds within the 24-hour cooling off period but the transfer is processing, contact your local Qantas office for assistance.
- Made using a Flight Credit.
- Where your first flight is within 30 days of booking.
- That have previously been changed or reissued.
- Bookings for unaccompanied minors
- Split bookings (where one or more passengers have been separated from the original booking)
We're also not able to refund:
- Car or hotel reservations, or travel insurance purchased when booked with an eligible flight, and you'll need to contact these vendors directly to request any changes or refunds. They may charge you a change or cancellation fee.
- Any booking fees paid for bookings initially made through your local Qantas office.
Disclaimer: * You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer to earn and use Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.