Enjoy extra space next to you on your flight.
On this page
Neighbour Free gives you more space to relax in Economy. When you reserve Neighbour Free, the seat next to you remains free throughout your flight.
Availability is limited, so make sure you reserve your seat early.
We’re currently trialling Neighbour Free on selected Australian domestic flights.
- Neighbour Free can only be purchased between 48 hours and one hour before your scheduled flight departure, via the email invitation.
- You can only make one Neighbour Free reservation for each segment of your booking.
- Neighbour Free cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
- Neighbour Free refers to the seat space only and cannot be used for infant seating or to place items such as carry-on baggage, or musical instruments.
- Additional Qantas Points and Status Credits will not be earned on Neighbour Free reservations.
- Neighbour Free can only be purchased using an eligible credit or debit card.
- Refer to the full terms and conditions for more information.
If eligible, you may be emailed 48 hours before your scheduled flight departure with an invitation to reserve Neighbour Free.
Reserve your seat
You can make a request for Neighbour Free up to one hour before your scheduled flight departure, subject to availability.
Adding Neighbour Free to your booking is easy:
1. Select your Standard Seat. If you’ve already selected your seat, this will be displayed.
2. Select the highlighted Neighbour Free option next to your Standard Seat.
3. Provide your payment details and submit your request.
4. We'll email you confirming your reservation.
Once your Neighbour Free request has been confirmed, you cannot make further changes or cancel your reservation.
At the airport
Your Standard Seat and Neighbour Free reservation will be printed on your boarding pass. There is nothing further you need to do.
If we cannot fulfill your Neighbour Free reservation due to a disruption or cancellation, or provide a reasonable alternative, you'll automatically be refunded the amount paid for the Neighbour Free portion. We'll email you confirming your refund has been processed to the original form of payment. Allow two weeks for the funds to appear in your account.
If you're eligible for a refund and haven't received an email from us within two hours of your flight departure, you can submit a refund request via the online refund form. We'll action your request within three to five business days, and email you advising your refund has been processed to your original form of payment. It may take up to two weeks for funds to appear in your account.
Refer to the full terms and conditions for more information on cancellations and refund eligibility.