Head to the airport where our friendly staff are waiting to help you check-in for your flight.
What to do if you're ...
Domestic flights within Australia
Did you know you can download your boarding pass and secure your seat before you arrive at the airport? Online check in opens from 24 hours before flight departure and closes 30 minutes before departure. Check in now.
You can also check-in easily at our self-serve kiosks located in the departure area before security. Follow the prompts to check-in and print your boarding pass. If you're travelling with bags, you can print bag tags at the kiosk before dropping them off at the bag drop. Our customer service agents are on hand to offer help if you need.
At the check-in kiosk you can also:
Domestic flights within Australia departing from an international terminal
Domestic flights departing from an international terminal (QF1-QF399) are flights between Australian capital cities that connect to or from a Qantas International service. For example, QF9 from Melbourne to Perth which continues on as QF9 from Perth to London.
If you're travelling on a domestic flight departing from an international terminal (QF1-399), there are important points to consider:
- Photo identification is required for customers over 18 years of age.
- Check-in is at the International terminal of the city you're departing from.
- International check-in times apply, so it's recommended you arrive at the airport two hours prior to your flight. Check-in closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- These flights are subject to International security screening. Restrictions apply to the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels you can bring in your carry-on baggage.
- Airport Customer Service Agents will check your ID and attach a 'D' (Domestic) sticker to your boarding pass.
- You must keep your boarding pass and present it at Customs clearance points at the commencement and conclusion of your domestic trip. This is required to comply with the Migration regulations administered by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
Find out more about domestic passengers travelling on international flights at Australian Customs and Border Protection Services.
Domestic premium services
Platinum, Gold, Silver Frequent Flyers, Qantas Club members and customers travelling in Business can check-in or drop off baggage at the Premium Service Desk when travelling on domestic flights.
The friendly, professional staff at our Premium Service Desks can arrange your international connections, help make changes to your journey and assist with any advice you may need.
You can now check-in online, receive your boarding pass and select your seat before you arrive at the airport. Online check-in opens from 24 hours before flight departure and closes 90 minutes before departure. Check in now.
On arrival at the airport, skip the queues with the self-serve kiosks at Brisbane, Sydney or Perth^. Follow the prompts to check-in and print your boarding pass. If you're travelling with bags, you can print bag tags at the kiosk before dropping them off at the bag drop.
At the check-in kiosks you can also:
- view your flight details
- change your allocated seat
- check-in a companion travelling on the same flight in the same cabin but on a different booking
- input your Frequent Flyer details.
Proceed to the bag drops.
Self-serve kiosk not available
If kiosks aren't available at the airport you're flying out of, see one of our friendly staff at a check-in counter located in the Departures area.
Make sure you have your booking reference, e-ticket, passport and any relevant travel documents.
International premium services
First passengers, Platinum Frequent Flyers and oneworld Emerald members are able to check-in at the dedicated First Check In Suite at selected international airports, and fast-track through Immigration.
Premium passengers (Business and Premium Economy), Gold and Silver Frequent Flyers, and oneworld Ruby members have access to dedicated Premium Service Desks in all international ports.
Disclaimer: * Customers without the correct visa or unaccompanied minors are unable to use this service. All customers regardless of nationality and destination will be subject to travel document checks by Customer Service Agents.
Disclaimer: + You can check-in for your return flight if it's within 12 hours of departure and you only have carry-on baggage.
Disclaimer: # Subject to the fare conditions of the ticket you have purchased.
Disclaimer: ~ Including any Qantas affiliated Frequent Flyer program.
Disclaimer: ** Only available to Platinum and Gold Frequent Flyers and Qantas Club members who are upgrading single traveller bookings and is subject to availability and fare conditions.