We know every dollar counts when planning a trip, and the time it can take to find the best fare to get you there.
That's why we offer a Price Promise on Qantas flights booked on qantas.com. Take a look at the steps below to help you make a claim.
When you book at qantas.com, you can book with confidence knowing that if you purchase a Qantas flight at qantas.com, and then on the same day find the identical product is available to purchase on any Australian online travel agency website, marketed to consumers located in Australia that is operated by a company with an active ABN or ACNOpens external site in a new window, for a lower publicly available price, we'll match it.
It's our promise to you when you make qantas.com your next destination.
1. The products on qantas.com and the licensed online travel agent website must be identical in all regards which include: Fares that display the exact flights, dates, times and number of passengers that you booked on qantas.com for Qantas operated flights (ticket numbers beginning with 081).
2. Claim form must be submitted by midnight (11:59pm) AEST/AEDT on the same day that you made and paid for your booking on qantas.com
3. The competing fare is provided by a licensed online travel agent marketed to consumers loctated in Australia that has a valid ABN or ACNOpens external site in a new window number.
4. Claims that contain valid screenshots of:
- The payment page with all fare details. (You do not need to enter your credit card number).
- Competing website URL address, logo and the fare on a per person basis including passenger types ie Adult, flight details including flight numbers, dates and times. Where available, includes taxes, fare class, fare rules and fare restrictions.
- The time and dateOpens external site in a new window of the screen shot which is displayed in the taskbar of your device and this must be taken on the same day afterOpens external site in a new window the booking was made on qantas.com
- An image file (jpg or png format).
5. Your qantas.com online booking must originate from Australia and be paid only with Australian Dollars (AUD). Not applicable for frequent flyer point redemptions.
Qantas Price Promise is only applicable to Qantas flights ie the flight must be a QF flight number.
Submit your claim form
We'll assess your claim
Travel on your flights
Price Promise refund received
How to make a claim
To make a successful claim, you need to provide us with the following:
1. Review the eligibility of your claim and the full Terms and Conditions below.
2. Submit your claim via the form available below by midnight (11:59PM) AEST/AEDT on the same day that you made and paid for your booking on qantas.com
3. Required information to be able to access and submit the form includes:
- Qantas booking referenceOpens external site in a new window.
- Surname (claims needs to be made by the person travelling on the flight booking).
4. To complete the form you will also need:
- Contact details including your (the travellers) full name, phone number and email address.
- Flight information including the Qantas booking referenceOpens external site in a new window, number of passengers, departure date of first flight and total fare paid on qantas.com.
- Competitor information including competitor website, competitors total fare, competitors ABN/ACNOpens external site in a new window, competitors website screen shots.
5. For a successful claim to be processed, Qantas must be able to verify the lower online published fare at the time of the claim review and that the lower fare did not exist on qantas.com. If Qantas is unable to verify the lower airfare, it may request additional information and documentation (such as further screenshots). Any such additional information must be submitted promptly. Please keep copies of all such documentation.
6. You'll be notified by email within 3-5 working days whether your claim was successful.
7. If the claim is successful a refund of the fare difference will be provided to you via the original payment method after travel has been completed.
Note: only one claim can be made for each booking and that claim cannot be resubmitted or amended.
Book now, Pay later and BPAY bookings must be submitted on the day the booking was originally made and not when payment is made in full.
Fulfilling our Price Promise
If your claim is successful, you'll be refunded the price difference between the booking on qantas.com and the booking on the licensed online travel agent's website (excluding any fees such as credit card service fees).
|Within 10 days after the last departure in the booking
||Credit or debit card, POLi, PayPal or Zip used to make the booking
|Within 6-8 weeks after the last departure in the booking
||BPAY used to make the booking - refund via bank account.
The Price Promise may be cancelled, modified, restricted or altered at any time without prior notice. The Price Promise terms and conditions in effect at the time that you make a claim will be used to determine whether your claim qualifies or not for the Price Promise. Claims under the Price Promise will not be accepted if, in our opinion or the opinion of the third party responsible for administering the applicable Price Promise, acting reasonably, the claim has occurred as the result of a printing, uploading or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith.
Examples of products included for comparison
To be eligible for our price promise, the products compared must be identical in all regards. These may include:
|24/7 free phone support||Customers are able to contact us through their local Qantas office without charge|
|Free flight / booking notifications||Receiving information such as booking references and flight notifications (email and SMS) are always free for Qantas customers on qantas.com|
|Cabin and checked baggage
||All Qantas fares include cabin and checked baggage|
|Service fees||Online travel agents may charge service fees in addition to the standard fees that may be applicable to the selected fare. There are no service fees charged when booking on qantas.com|
|Fare inclusions||Some online travel agents charge for products or features that may not be offered, or come at an additional cost to you ie standard seat selection|
Complete the form to submit your claim.
Before submitting your documents, ensure your booking qualifies for our Price Promise.
Personal information collection notice