Be a champion for regional Australia and share in $5million in funding over 5 years.
Since 1920, when Qantas was founded in outback Queensland, we’ve been supporting regional communities. And now through the Qantas Regional Grants Program, we’re aiming to help these communities sustain brighter futures. That’s why we’re offering the chance to share $5 million in grants - $1 million each year over five years - to charities, organisations, causes, projects and individuals that help deliver direct services or benefits to regional communities.
We're on a mission to help brighten the futures of regional communities. Our new Regional Grants Program will provide financial, flight and marketing support to community groups and organisations to help further their causes and set them up for success.
The Qantas Regional Grants program adds to our existing initiatives created to strengthen regional communities, drive local economic activity, stimulate tourism and support jobs. This includes a discounted fare program for residents to make air travel more accessible, and our new pilot academy which is expected to drive further activity when it opens in regional Australia next year.
- 14 June - round 1 grant applications open
- 30 August - round 1 grant applications closed
- October - Qantas Regional Grants panel to assess entries
- October - successful applicants announced
- 14 June - round 2 grant applications open
Entry is open to Australian based individuals, not-for-profit community groups and organisations of any size, who are seeking funding to help enhance the lives of people in regional communities
Charitable organisations must be:
- registered in Australia
- endorsed as income tax exempt.
The Qantas Regional Grants program will offer recipients a combination of:
Flights in kind
When submitting an application, applicants must nominate the value of each grant component required for their work and clearly outline how it would be used to further their regional cause.
The Qantas Regional Grants judging panel will determine the successful applicants each year. Judges will examine all eligible entries and select applicants that they determine best meet the below criteria.
- The extent to which the applicant directly services a regional community need and demonstrates a measurable socioeconomic impact.
- The extent to which the applicant can maximise local community benefits in regional Australia with the Qantas Regional Grants Program funding.
- The extent to which the project or activity will celebrate and highlight the work of the applicant and help boost the profile and strength of the applicant for the future.
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate innovation in their project strategy, goals and mission, and how these align to improving their service offering and increasing regional impact.
Terms and conditions
For more information, refer to the Terms and Conditions.