Our strategic plan
Our strategic priorities and financial framework.
Learn about the actions we are taking to deliver on our strategic pillars.
As we seek to deliver sustainable, long term returns to shareholders, our operating strategy is complemented by a prudent approach to capital management. The Qantas Group has a financial framework that ensures our decisions deliver on the objectives of to our shareholders – in particular, maintaining Earnings per Share (EPS) growth over the cycle, thereby driving TSR performance.
1. Based on current invested capital of ~$8.9b. 2. Weighted Average Cost of Capital, calculated on a pre-tax basis. 3. Target of 10% ROIC allows ROIC to be greater than pre-tax WACC through the cycle. 4. Earnings per Share. 5. Target Total Shareholder Returns within the top quartile of the ASX100 and global listed airline peer group as stated in the 2019 Annual Report, with reference to the 2019-2021 LTIP.
See more information on our financial performance.
We measure our performance over time against the delivery of our operating strategy using a balanced scorecard approach. This considers key financial and non-financial metrics:
- Return on invested capital at a group and segment level
- EBIT compound annual growth rate for Loyalty
- Gross annual benefits from Transformation
- Employee engagement
- Net Promoter Score, and
- Progress on innovation across product, service and operations.
Disclaimer: 1. Target Total Shareholder Returns within the top quartile pf the ASX 100 and global listed airline peer group as stated in the 2019 Annual Report, with reference to the 2019-2021 LTIP.