Your Qantas Credit is powered by UATP, and can be used exclusively with Qantas.
Qantas Credits can be used for:
- flight bookings,
- travel products booked with Qantas, such as an extra baggage allowance and seat selection,
- hotel bookings through the Qantas Hotels website,
- multiple bookings, so you don't have to use the entire value at one time, and
- any number of passengers.
Qantas Credits are not offered for:
- Qantas Points bookings, and
- bookings where carbon offset or travel insurance is included.
If your new booking is more than the balance of your Qantas Credit, you can pay the balance with another card type. A card payment fee may apply to the fare difference. For more information on using multiple forms of payment, visit Payment options.
View the Target Market Determination (PDF).
How to use your Qantas Credit for flight bookings
Qantas Credits can be used like any pre-paid card for your flight booking payment.
- Book your flight.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'Qantas Passes and Credit' tab on the payment panel and enter your details.
No card payment fees apply when booking online. Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
How to use your Qantas Credit for Qantas Hotel bookings
Qantas Hotels now accepts Qantas Credit for Qantas Hotel bookings.
- Visit the Qantas Hotels website, select your stay and proceed to check-out.
- On the payment page, select Qantas Passes or Credit, under payment options.
- Enter your Qantas Credit details.
- Qantas does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.
- If you would prefer to receive a refund, contact your local Qantas office. You can get a refund of your unused Qantas Credit value at any time, including after 31 December 2023.
- Qantas Credits are valid until the expiry date shown. Book by 31 December 2023. At any point Qantas travel can be booked up to a maximum of 353 days in advance, which reflects system range. On 31 December 2023, this will mean travel can be booked up to 19 December 2024.
- Your Qantas Credit can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com, through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply), or on the Qantas Hotels website.
- Once you commence using your Qantas Credit, the fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply.
- You can get a refund of your remaining Qantas Credit value at any time, including after 31 December 2023.
- Your Qantas Credit will be issued in the currency as displayed. If you’d like to use your credit for a booking in another currency, you may be charged a currency conversion fee.
- Qantas Credits are non-transferable.
- We may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to fraudulent use, cancel, modify or reissue a Qantas Credit.
- Except where any loss or misappropriation of funds arises as a result of fault by Qantas or a related body corporate of Qantas in relation to a Qantas Credit, Qantas is not liable for the loss or misappropriation of funds in relation to a Qantas Credit, including as a result of theft or the unintended use of a Qantas Credit by a person other than the recipient. It’s important to keep these details safe and secure. If you lose your Qantas Credit details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible.
If you have issues with your Qantas Credit or would like to make complaint, contact your local Qantas office.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. A program joining fee usually applies, however you can join free here.