Things don't always go to plan, and you may need to know how to cancel your booking.
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of Flight Credits, refunds and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
On this page
- Before cancelling your booking, check the conditions applicable to your Fare Type or Reward Type. If you're unsure of the type of booking, visit Manage booking and view the flight details for fare conditions. You’ll need your booking reference which can be found on your confirmation email. Service fees may also apply when cancelling your booking.
- If you’ve booked seats, additional baggage or car hire, these will be cancelled when you cancel your flight. If you’ve purchased travel insurance with your flight through Qantas, you’ll need to contact NIB InsuranceOpens external site directly to discuss cancelling.
- Cancellation applies to every passenger in your booking. To cancel individual passengers, you’ll first need to separate them from the booking. These passengers will be placed in a new booking with a separate booking reference.
Bookings made with us
On cancelling your booking, you may receive one of the following, depending on the conditions of your Fare Type:
If you're a Frequent Flyer and have a reward booking, the cancellation depends on the fare conditions for the reward type you booked:
- For Points Plus Pay – Flight bookings, fare conditions are available at the time of booking and vary as they depend on what you select. You can check the conditions of your booking at Your Account. Under 'Your Bookings' list go to the booking and click the ‘Manage’ button then go to ‘Flights’ and view the fare conditions.
- For Classic Flight Reward bookings, a cancellation fee applies, then the value of points and taxes refunded.
Note: You can also access fare conditions from the booking confirmation email.
If you booked with us and your fare permits, you can cancel your booking online at Manage booking:
1. Retrieve your booking in Manage Booking. You'll need your booking reference which can be found on your confirmation email. If you're a Frequent Flyer, you can log in to My Account, then go to flight booking and select 'Manage' to access Manage Booking.
2. Select 'Flight details' under Flights.
3. Select the red 'Cancel/Voucher' button to cancel or create a Flight Credit.
Note: If the 'Cancel' button is not available, contact your local Qantas office.
Ready to cancel your booking? Enter your details below:
If your booking was made with a travel agent or third-party, you'll need to contact them directly to discuss cancellation based on the conditions of your fare.
Note that if you’ve added other travel items to your booking, then they’ll be affected. If you’ve booked seats, additional baggage and car hire, these will be cancelled when you cancel your flight. If you’ve purchased travel insurance with your flight through Qantas, you’ll need to contact your insurance provider directly to change or cancel this.
Disclaimer: ^ Flight credits are issued based on the terms and conditions of the fare purchased, and can only be used towards a fare of equal or higher value. Domestic travel must be completed within 12 months of the original ticket issue date. International travel must commence within 12 months of the original ticket issue date. Credit vouchers are not transferrable, and cannot be redeemed on Multi city, Round the World and Jetstar flight bookings. More information on flight credits.
Disclaimer: ~ Bookings made directly with Qantas offices in Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, United States, Mexico, Chile and Argentina may be able to be cancelled on qantas.com. To cancel bookings made with Qantas offices in other locations, contact your local Qantas Office.