Fly Carbon Neutral terms and conditions
1. Fly Carbon Neutral is a voluntary contribution.
2. For bookings that are domestic only, your payment will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects. There is no GST component if you offset carbon using Qantas Points.
3. Qantas will not charge you a separate card payment fee for a carbon offset.
4. To the extent permitted by law, your points or payment and the applicable GST is non-refundable as the carbon offset contribution will be processed regardless of whether your flight is subsequentially cancelled or modified.
5. Qantas will provide you with a tax invoice by e-mail when you make your contribution. If you use points to offset your carbon emissionsthe transaction will be recorded in your monthly Qantas Frequent Flyer statement. Duplicate invoices can be requested.
6. The Qantas carbon offset program has been certified under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Product and Services.
7. The calculation method provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your seat on your flight.
8. Infants are not included in the calculation of flight emissions for online bookings. An infant is a passenger aged up to 23 months inclusive. Children are included in the calculation at the same rate as adults.
9. Your contribution will be used to acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' as defined under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Product and Service. We may at our absolute discretion acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
10. Both Qantas and Jetstar reserve the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
11. These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (9 November 2023) and may be amended by Qantas from time to time without giving notice to you.
You should also read the general terms and conditions that apply to use of this website.
Earning Qantas Points
1. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer members to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee and conditions apply.
2. Frequant Flyer members and Qantas Business Rewards customers can earn 10 Qantas Points for every A$1 equivalent spent on offsetting for flights booked at qantas.com. The points awarded are based on the Australian dollar equivalent amount quoted at the time of booking, and only awarded if the member pays with cash.
3. The points awarded are rounded up to the nearest point.
4. To earn Qantas Points, enter your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number when booking.
5. Qantas Points can be split between two or more members within the same booking, as long as each member provides their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number when booking. For example, a booking with three passengers where the price of offsetting per passenger is quoted as $0.95, the total payment charged for the booking will be $2.85. If only two passengers provided their Frequent Flyer membership number when booking, then the total 28.5 points awarded for offsetting will be split between the 2 members with 15 points awarded each (this is rounded up from 14.25 to the nearest point).
6. Where a member books eligible flights via their Qantas Business Rewards (QBR) account, the points will be awarded to the business’ QBR account.
7. Eligible flights means domestic or international flights departing from Australia that you book on qantas.com.
8. This offer may be withdrawn or extended anytime by Qantas.
9. Points will be credited within 7 days of the booking date.
10. As payment for carbon offset is non-refundable, points awarded for Fly Carbon Neutral will be retained in members’ account, even when bookings are changed or cancelled.
11. No retrospective claims can be made for this offer.