Daryl Braithwaite, John Farnham, Guy Sebastian and The Veronicas are among the acts set to perform in Tamworth, NSW in support of Australian farmers.
The Hay Mate: Buy a Bale Concert, to be held on 27 October at Scully Park, is a fundraising initiative for Rural Aid, an organisation that is providing desperately needed animal feed, water, fuel, mental health counselling and other essentials to farmers as the drought in rural NSW continues.
Founding INXS member Andrew Farriss, rock star Jon Stevens, country and music sensations Aleyce Simmonds and Adam Harvey, former X Factor star Nat Conway and sing-songwriter Tim Wheatley will also join the line-up.
Australians around the country are invited to purchase tickets and attend the event – or buy a ticket and donate it for a Tamworth farmer to go along.
Qantas is offering a $1499 overnight package for people to attend the Hay Mate: Buy a Bale Concert, with all proceeds going to Rural Aid. It includes:
- Return Qantas Economy flights between Sydney and Tamworth on a private B737 charter, hosted by an Australian celebrity
- VIP tickets to Hay Mate with John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Guy Sebastian, The Veronicas and more. Tickets include a private viewing area and catering
- One night’s accommodation including breakfast at a 3-4 star hotel
- Ground transport in Tamworth between the airport, accommodation and concert venue
- Champagne brunch in the Sydney Domestic Business Lounge on departure
- Inflight refreshments and merchandise
For flight details, more information and to purchase tickets, visit the website.
Image: Qantas cabin-crew member Zanthe Atkinson is seeing the drought firsthand on her Tamworth farm. Brent Winstone.