Your chance to win a trip to Hong Kong, including spending money on Qantas Cash®
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road Mascot, New South Wales 2020 (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, NSW, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences 00:01 on 18 June 2015 and closes at 11:59 on 30 June 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Travel companions must be 18 years or older.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the promotion Period register online at qantas.com and answer the question "What are the top 5 things you would love to do while on a holiday in Hong Kong" in 25 words or less.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Each eligible entrant may only enter the Competition once. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place before 16:00 on 6 July 2014 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$6,000, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The prize consists of:
- Two (2) Qantas return economy airfares from Australia to Hong Kong departing between July 2015 and 31 March 2016. Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane international terminals. Qantas will provide flights to connect with a direct flight should the winner reside outside of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne.
- One (1) InterContinental Hong Kong Harbour view twin room with daily Club Access (max. for 2 persons) for four (4) nights' stay. Validity 1 July 2015 until 31 March 2016. Black-out dates are 1 October 2015, 14-17 October 2015 and 30 December - 1 January 2016 and 9-11 February 2016 all dates inclusive. Confirmation is subject to hotel availability at the time of booking.
- Return airport transfers for two persons in a private car between the airport and Hotel. Hong Kong Tourism Board will manage the booking once flights and hotel stay has been confirmed. Participation in the day tour is subject to related terms and conditions.
Hong Kong Island Day Tour for two (2) people. Tour duration is approximately 7 hours and will be booked by Hong Kong Tourism Board once prize has been claimed and booked.
- Two (2) twenty four (24) Hour Mass Transit Railway (MTR) passes. Valid on or before the date on the voucher, not transferable or refundable, voucher must be redeemed at an MTR station to receive tourist day pass, is for 24 consecutive hours. Use of the MTR passes is subject to related terms and conditions.
- AU$1,000 equivalent in Hong Kong Dollars spending money on Qantas Cash. To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Qantas Cash is a prepaid MasterCard® payment facility built into the back of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Card. To redeem the spending money element of the prize, the winner will need to make sure the Qantas Cash facility on their Qantas Card is activated. To apply to activate, visit qantascash.com
If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at $89.50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at qantas.com/terms).
14) Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business) (Access). Access distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of Access for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). Access can be contacted at email@example.com.
Access and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. Access receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com, and will also be given to applicants. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility.
Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Currently Qantas Cash cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are currently in place: Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, the ATMs and POS terminals are not owned or operated by the Issuer or Access and the Issuer and Access are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and Access cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement at qantascash.com.
Other terms and conditions and fees and charges may apply.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
15) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
16) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
17) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 October 2015. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 31 March 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed, unless agreed by promoter.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20) The winner will be notified by email and phone call by Qantas Airways on 7 July 2015 latest at 16:00 (AEST).
Judging backup entries
21) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional entry to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 8 July at 23:59 the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email and a phone call by 8 July at 23:59.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.