Vivid Space Folding Competition
Win a return economy flight for you and a companion on a Qantas domestic flight number of your choice!
Visit Vivid Festival at Circular Quay, Sydney between 22 May and 8 June, snap a selfie inside the Qantas-sponsored 'Space Folding' exhibit and share on Instagram, tagging @Qantas and telling us in 25-words-or-less what Qantas domestic flight number you would like to travel on and why, including #QFspacefolding in your 25-words-or-less answer
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Ph: (02) 9691 4912) (Promoter).
3. All references to time are to the local time in Sydney, Australia, unless otherwise noted. The competition opens 10.00AM Friday 22 May 2015 and closes 10.00AM Tuesday 9 June 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or older with an Instagram account (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
(a) Visit Vivid Festival 2015 and snap a selfie inside the Qantas-sponsored Space Folding exhibit
(b) Log onto Instagram
(c) Ensure their Instagram account is set to public so we can view their entry.
(d) Post their selfie on Instagram, tagging @Qantas and telling us in 25-words-or-less what Qantas domestic flight number they would like to travel on and why, including #QFspacefolding in their 25-words-or-less answer
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Instagram account is held.
10. The Promoter will not accept entries that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
Judging of entries
11. Entries will be judged based on their originality, creativity and suitability to the entry requirements.
12. Judging will take place on Wednesday 10 June 2015 at midday at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW, 2020 and will be conducted by the Promoter.
13. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
14. There is one prize. The prize consists of two return economy tickets for a Qantas domestic flight number of the winner's choice.
15. Codeshare flights are not included in this prize, eligible flight numbers must be on a Qantas domestic flight.
16. The prize winner and their companion must travel together on the prize flights.
17. Prize winners will have to arrange any additional costs associated with fulfilling this prize,including flights to the departure city of the outbound and return flights, if these are not from the winner's nearest capital city.
18. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
19. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$($3116) based on the recommended retail value of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
20. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
21. If the prize (or a part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize tickets are valid for Economy Class (Y class only) air travel. The winner and their companion will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize travel or accommodation. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
23. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
24. Travel must be completed by 1 May 2016, with booking made at least 8 weeks prior to departure.
Notification of the winner
25. The winner will be notified via a comment by Qantas on the original competition Instagram post tagging the winner, along with a private message on Instagram.
26. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the private message on Instagram by 10.00AM Friday 12 June 2015 providing their full name, postal address and a contact phone number.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
27. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 10.00AM Friday 12 June 2015 a second round of judging will take place at 10.15AM Friday 12 June 2015 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner(s) determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by midday on Friday 12 June 2015 via a comment on the original competition post tagging the winner, along with a private message on Instagram. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the private message on Instagram by 10.00AM Tuesday 16 June 2015 providing their full name, postal address and a contact phone number.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
28. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
29. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
30. The exclusion of liability in clause 29 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business, and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
31. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
32. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
Liability for taxation as a result of accepting a prize
34. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.