Frequent Flyers - Update Your Details
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW, Australia 2020 (telephone number 13 31 13) New Zealand telephone number 0800 101 500 (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 12:01am NZDT on 12 December 2011 and closes at 11:59pm NZDT on 19 December 2011. (Promotion Period).
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents who are over 18 years of age (Eligible Entrants), excluding officers, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program; and
b) Update and confirm their contact details at qantas.com. https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/dyns/auth/yourprofile/yourProfile
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
- There will be one prize. The maximum total prize value is NZD$1200 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. All entries will go into the draw to win the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The prize is two return Economy flights on Qantas of the winner’s choice for one of the following:
a) Auckland to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane; or
b) Wellington to Sydney or Melbourne; or
c) Christchurch to Sydney.
- The draw will take place at 11.00am NZDT on 22 December 2011 at Qantas Airways Limited, Level 6, AXA House 191 Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand and will be conducted by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email within 2 days of the draw and their name will be published on qantas.com.
- Results of the draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once documents are issued. If the prize is not utilised by 1 December 2012, it will be forfeited and no replacement winner will be selected.
- The prize does not include travel insurance, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation other or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their travel companion. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of the booking. The winner and their companion will not accrue Qantas Points. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas points.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winners provide proof of identity and proof of residency. The Promoter also reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize.
- In the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize by 12.01pm (NZDT) on 28 January 2012, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a draw to select another winner from the pool of Eligible Entrants at 1.00pm (NZDT) on 28 January 2012 (at the New Zealand offices of the Promoter), subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email immediately after the draw and their name will be published on qantas.com
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 18 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using and disclosing personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.