Qantas Sporting Premier Package Competition
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206. (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01am on 01st March 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on 31st March l 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to residents of Australia, age 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) purchase one of the following QBE Travel policies at qantas.com.au or by phone on 13 13 13:
i) an Annual Multi Trip;
ii) an International Comprehensive;
iii) an Australian Comprehensive; or
iv) a Baggage and Cancellation policy
v) a Baggage, Cancellation and Rental Vehicle Excess policy (an Eligible Policy);
b) on completion of the purchase of an Eligible Policy, visit the promotion website at qantas.com.au to register their first and last name, email address, phone number and the QBE policy number
6) Policies are underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. Qantas is an authorised representative of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. You should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy Wording and your personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire a travel insurance product. Qantas does not and cannot provide any advice, opinion or recommendation about any insurance.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
Multiple entries are permitted. However, a different QBE policy number must be entered for each Entry. The name registered upon entering the competition must match the name on the insurance policy.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) If an Eligible Entrant cancels an Eligible Policy his or her entry will be withdrawn from this promotion.
11) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
12) The draw will take place at 2.00pm on Thursday 7 April 2016 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
13) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$50,000.00, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The prize is one 'Premier Package' for two persons which includes return adult economy tickets on Qantas to Santiago, Chile from the winner's closest port in Australia, return economy flights from Santiago to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with LAN Airlines and TAM, return transfers from/to Rio de Janeiro Galeao airport, 5 nights twin share accommodation at the Golden Tulip Regente, land excursions, event tickets, ground transfers to/from sporting and non sporting events included in the CoSport's itinerary. Package supplied and issued by CoSport's, (specialised and experienced program event management) with a set itinerary of 4 days three nights from 19th to 22nd August 2016
a) The winner of the Qantas Sporting Premier Package will receive notice of the prize by email and phone, along with instructions on how to redeem, on Thursday 19th May 2016.
b) The Qantas Sporting Premier Package is valid for the set travel dates from the winner's closest port in Australia and travel must take place from 19th August 2016 to 24th August 2016. Should the prize winner wish to extend any travel arrangements then these expenses will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Flight availability and/or cancellation and/or change fees will be at the expense of the prize winner.
c) The Qantas Sporting Premier Package must be taken as per the itinerary supplied and as hosted by CoSport's the event management group. No changes and or variations to the set itinerary and departure / return dates unless arranged and funded by the prize winner.
d) Any unused events and or scheduled arrangements of the CoSport's prize package cannot be refunded and will be immediately forfeited.
16) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
17) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 15th June 2016. Failure to claim prize and submit names prior to 15th June 2016 will result in the loss of the prize. The flights, accommodation and event tickets are unable to be changed to another date and prize winner must travel on the stipulated date. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 24th August 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20) The winner will be notified by phone and email on Monday 9 April 2016 and their name will be published on qantas.com by Friday 14 April 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
21) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10.00am on Monday 9 May 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Wednesday 11 May 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and email by Friday 3rd June 2016 and their names will be published on qantas.com on Monday 16 May 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
a) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
23) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/00534, ACT TP16/00143, SA Licence No. T16/135.