QBE Insurance voucher competition
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206. (Promoter).
4) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.00am on 9th November 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on 15 December 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
5) Entry is open only to all residents of Hong Kong, age 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
6) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) purchase one of the following QBE Travel policies at qantas.com.au or by phone on 13 13 13:
i) an International Comprehensive; or
ii) an Annual Multi-Trip; (an Eligible Policy);
b) on completion of the purchase of an Eligible Policy, visit the promotion website at qantas.com.au to register your first and last name, email address, phone number and the QBE policy number; and
c) submit an answer in 25 words or less to the question: 'in 25 words or less tell us about your ultimate Australian experience' (the Prize Question).
7) Policies are underwritten by QBE KongKong and Shanghai Insurance Limited.
Qantas is an authorised representative of QBE KongKong and Shanghai Insurance Limited.
Eligible Entrants should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy Wording and their personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire a travel insurance product. Qantas does not and cannot provide any advice, opinion or recommendation about any insurance.
8) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. Multiple entries are permitted. However, a different QBE policy number must be entered for each Eligible Process completed. The name registered upon entering the competition must match the name on the insurance policy.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) If an Eligible Entrant cancels an Eligible Policy his or her entry will be withdrawn from this promotion.
11) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
12) The Promoter will award the prize to the Eligible Entrant with the most creative answer to the Prize Question. Judging will take place at 10am on Friday 15 January 2016 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020. Judging will be conducted by Qantas Airways, QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited and QBE KongKong and Shanghai Insurance Limited.
13) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$500.00 (approximately HK$2725.00), based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The prize is one Unique Experience voucher to the value of AU$500.00 (approximately HK$2725.00).
a) The winner of the Unique Experience voucher will receive notice of the prize by email, along with instructions on how to redeem, on Monday 18 January 2016.
b) To redeem your Unique Experience Voucher, contact email@example.com quoting 'Qantas QBE Hong Kong Promotion' The winner will be allocated a dedicated account manager within the Mr Aristotle Concierge Team who will assist with the selection and booking of preferred experiences.
c) The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used against any listing available on http://uniqueexperiences.qantas.com.au/ provided by Mr Aristotle, a wholly owned company of Mr Aristotle Pty Ltd.
d) The value of the voucher may be used against a single or combination of experiences. The voucher value may be used on multiple occasions until the credit is exhausted or validity has expired. Any unused credit at the end of the term of the voucher is not subject to refund and will be forfeited.
16) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. Terms and conditions of the use of the Unique Experience voucher can be found at http://uniqueexperiences.qantas.com.au/terms-conditions.
17) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
18) The winner will be notified by phone or email Monday 18 January 2016 and their name will be published on qantas.com on Tuesday 19 January 2016.
Judging backup entries
19) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional two entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on Friday 12 February 2016 the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone and email by Wednesday 17 February 2016 and will also be published on qantas.com on Wednesday 17 February 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
20) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
21) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
22) The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
23) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
24) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.