QBE Insurance $5000 voucher competition
1) Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The Promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206. (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01am on 13 November 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 December 2015 (AEDT) (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the Promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) purchase one of the following QBE Travel policies (an Eligible Policy) at qantas.com or by phone on 13 13 13:
i) an Annual Multi-Trip;
ii) an International Comprehensive;
iii) a Domestic Comprehensive;
iv) a Cancellation and Baggage; or
v) a Cancellation, Baggage and Rental Vehicle Excess;
b) on completion of the purchase of an Eligible Policy, visit the promotion website at qantas.com to register your first and last name, email address, phone number and the QBE policy number; and
c) submit an answer in 25 words or less to the question: 'why you like flying with Qantas?'
6) Policies are underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia). Qantas is an authorised representative of QBE Insurance (Australia). You should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy Wording and your personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire a travel insurance product. Qantas does not and cannot provide any advice, opinion or recommendation about any insurance.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
Multiple entries are permitted. However, a different QBE policy number must be entered for each Eligible Entry. The name registered upon entering the competition must match the name on the insurance policy.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) If an Eligible Entrant cancels an Eligible Policy his or her entry will be withdrawn from this Promotion.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity. The Promoter will award the prize to the Eligible Entrant with the most creative answer to the Prize Question. Judging will take place at 10am on Thursday 28 January 2016 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW, Australia, 2020. Judging will be conducted by Qantas Airways and QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (the Judging Parties).
12) The Judging Parties' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) The Prize consists of three (3) Qantas Flight Vouchers (the Prize).There will be one voucher worth $1,000 and two vouchers worth $2,000. The maximum total prize pool value is $5,000.00, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
14) The winner of the Prize will receive notice by phone and email, along with instructions on how to redeem the Prize, on Friday 29 January 2016.
a) To redeem your Prize, Qantas flight vouchers can be redeemed at qantas.com from the flight voucher page.
b) The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be redeemed at qantas.com or through Qantas Contact Centres. (the Voucher Term) A booking fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Contact Centres. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking.
c) Amounts are in [AUD] dollars and redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia only.
d) Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be used for multi-city, Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay - Flights booking or redeemed for cash or other goods or services such as additional baggage or seat selection. Any unused credit at the end of the Voucher Term is not subject to refund and will be forfeited
15) The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
16) It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the Prize. Full terms and conditions of the use of Qantas flight vouchers can be found at http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/voucher-terms-conditions/global/en. The prize winner can also refer to the email attaching the vouchers.
17) If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
18) The winner will be notified by phone or email by Friday 29 January 2016 and their name will be published on qantas.com on Monday 1 February 2016.
Judging backup entries
19) As part of judging, the Judging Parties will select an additional two Eligible Entrants to be used as backup winners in the event that the winning entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on Friday 5 February 2016, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone and email by Wednesday 10 February 2016 and will also be published on qantas.com on Wednesday 10 February 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
20) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
21) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
22) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
23) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
24) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.