Travel Insider Cruise Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 28 October 2014 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 10 November 2014 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to legal residents of Australia who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, any prize sponsor of the Promotion and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Log on to Travel Insider at qantas.com/travelinsider and create a collection of your favourite travel article/s, share it and complete the online entry form at qantas.com/inspire. You must be logged in as a Frequent Flyer to create a collection, share and enter the competition. If you are not a Frequent Flyer you can join now for free.
b. Subscribe to Qantas Cruises (if you are already a Qantas Cruise subscriber you will need to select this option again, however your profile will not be duplicated) and accept the terms and conditions of the promotion.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission, interruption or otherwise.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The draw will be computer generated and will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on 17 November 2014 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
11. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize value is AU$40,580 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. The winner must redeem the prize in its entirety or it will be forfeited.
12. The prize is:
- Two (2) Adult cruise tickets on APT's 15 day 'Magnificent Europe' luxurious river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, stopping to explore five European countries; (Tour code EUMC15 or EUMCR15)
- 2 one way Qantas or codeshare Emirates flights in Business Class from the winner's closest Australian major capital city to Amsterdam, 2 one-way tickets flying Qantas or codeshare Emirates in Business Class from Budapest to the winner's closest Australian major capital city in Business Class.
- Accommodation onboard the cruise is twin share in a Category T Suite Cabin.
- Prize includes all gourmet meals, beverages & onboard entertainment.
- Prize includes airport transfers, small group shore excursions and select signature experiences.
- 2 night's additional accommodation in 4 star hotel (of Qantas' choosing) that falls on either side of the cruise departure from Amsterdam and the cruise arrival in Budapest.
13. The winner and winner's companion must be 21 years and over and both the winner and winner's travel companion must travel together and all components of the prize must be taken together. APT and Qantas accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. The cruise line may wish to alter the itinerary from what has been originally promoted, to which Qantas Airways and Cruise Guru has no control over. The cruise is unable to be changed to another cruise and prize winner must travel within the stipulated date range. The cruise must be taken to depart between 5 - 21 March 2015 or between 29 October - 10 December 2015. Failure to submit names and confirm dates prior to 1 February 2015 will result in a loss of the prize. Terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with APT Cruises terms and conditions found on the Qantas Cruises website.
14. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, additional meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature outside of what is stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter and the associated agencies, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and guest to first check with all government travel advisory information regarding the safety and situation of the destination.
15. Prize travel is subject to both Qantas' and APT Cruises General Conditions of Carriage.
16. Winner and their companion will not accrue Qantas Points on the cruise.
17. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the prize is not booked as specified, the prize either in remaining part or its entirety will be forfeited and there will be no refund on the unused portion of flights or accommodation.
18. The Prize winner and their companion are advised to consult their healthcare professional regarding recommended immunisations and/or health checks prior to travelling and to check for travel warnings and any perceived hazards with appropriate authorities, including www.dfat.gov.au.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 working days after the draw and their name will be published on facebook.com/Qantas, twitter.com/qantasairways and qantas.com on 24 November 2014. Their name will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 24 November 2014.
Right of the promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 17 February 2015, the Promoter may instruct MDSA to conduct a redraw at the same place and time as the original draw on 3 March 2015, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. A winner selected by this method will be notified by phone and in writing by email within 2 working days after being drawn, and their name will be published at facebook.com/Qantas, twitter.com/qantasairways and qantas.com on 10 March 2015. Their name will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 10 March 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/08367, ACT Permit No. TP14/03697, Victorian Permit No. 14/5516 and SA Licence T14/1960.Back to top