Socceroos Perth Competition - Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 09:00am on 3 August and closes at 11:59pm on 23 August (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. (Eligible Entrants)
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Make an eligible booking at qantas.com (or with a travel agent) or have already purchased a Qantas flight in 2015. An Eligible Booking includes at least one one-way or return flight starting with a Qantas flight number (QF),
b) Complete the entry form on qantas.com/socceroosperth ,enter a Qantas flight booking confirmation number and
c) On the form, answer in 25 words of less: "What question would you ask Mark Bosnich during at the Socceroos change room experience?"
d) Submit the form details
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants can only enter once.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on whether the requirements in clause 5 have been fulfilled and on creativity and originality of the answer provided as per Clause 5(c)
11) Judging will take place at 09:00am on 24 August 2015 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be one (1) major prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$5,000, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) The major prize consists of:
a) Return economy class airfares for the prizewinner and companion to Perth from the winner's nearest Australian capital city. Flights will depart on 3 September 2015 and return on 4 September 2015.
b) Twin Share Accommodation (to a maximum 4 star level) for one (1) night in Perth for the winner and companion.
c) Two (2) tickets to the Socceroos v Bangladesh match at nib Stadium on 3 September.
d) A money can't buy experience for the winner and companion, including:
i. Socceroos Change room experience
ii. Walk on field experience
15) For winners who are residents of the city or live in reasonable close proximity to the city where the prize is based, flights and accommodation will not form any part of the prize.
16) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
17) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
18) Travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 August 2015. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 5 September 2015. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21) The winners will be notified by phone by 25 August 2015 and their names will be published on qantas.com/socceroosperth on 27 August 2015.
Judging backup entries
22) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select additional entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 26 August 2015, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone by 26 August 2015 and their names will be published on qantas.com/socceroosperth .
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.