Ski competition terms and conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206. (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01am on 1st November 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on 30th November 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to all residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) visit the promotion website at qantas.com.au to register their first and last name, email address, state, phone number and subscribe to the Qantas Ski and Snow Deals newsletter; and
b) submit an answer in 25 words or less to the question: in 25 words or less describe your perfect day skiing in Japan' (the Prize Question).
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry only (multiple entries are not permitted).
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) The Promoter will award the prize to the Eligible Entrant with the most creative answer to the Prize Question. Judging will take place at 11am on Thursday Monday 7th December 2015 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020. Judging will be conducted by Qantas Airways and Liquid Snow Tours.
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool is AU$9857.90 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The Prize consists of:
a) two (2) return adult economy flight tickets on Qantas to Tokyo Haneda from the winners closed port in Australia, 7 nights twin share accommodation at the Hakuba Springs Hotel, return coach transfers to/from Hakuba, 5 day Hakuba Valley multi-resort lift pass and breakfast daily.
16) The winner of the snow holiday will receive notice of the prize by email, along with instructions on how to book, on Tuesday 8th December 2015.
17) Liquid Snow Tours and Qantas accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
18) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' Conditions of Carriage.
Prize travel and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
19) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 20th January 2016. Failure to claim prize and submit names prior to 20th January 2016 will result in the loss of the prize. Prize is valid for travel between 1st March 2016 and 5th April 2016. Prize travel must be completed by 5th April 2016.
21) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
22) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
23) The winner will be notified by phone or email by Tuesday 8th December and their name will be published on qantas.com on Wednesday 9th December 2015.
Judging backup entries
24) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional two entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on Tuesday 15th December 2015, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause 12 will be notified by phone and email by Thursday 17th December 2015 and will also be published on qantas.com on Wednesday 17th December 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
26) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27) The exclusion of liability in clause 26 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
28) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
29) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.