Upgrade your experience at the Sevens Wellington
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia (telephone number: 02 9691 3636) New Zealand telephone number 0800 101 500 (Promoter). All times are local New Zealand times.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am on 29 January 2014 and concludes at 11.59pm on 3 February 2014. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- Entrants must hold a 2014 Sevens Wellington (Tournament) ticket.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Complete the entry form at qantas.com/sevenswellington by providing their First name, Last name, Email address, Phone number and their Tournament Westpac Stadium Seat Location (Aisle, Row and Seat number).
- Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry only. Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place at 11.00am on 4 February 2014 at Qantas Airways Limited, Level 6, 191 Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand, and will be conducted by the Promoter.
Notification of the winner
- The Winner will be notified by phone and their name will be published on qantas.com by 5 February 2014.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts all conditions of use of the prize.
- There will be 10 prizes.
- Each prize is:
a. An upgraded experience at the Tournament for the winner and up to 5 friends who hold a Tournament ticket, sitting in premium on field seating. This experience will be for approximately 40 minutes. The winner and his/her friends will be served food and beverages during this time.
b. The winner from each draw will enjoy their prize during one of the following times:
i. Draw 1: 1.40pm – 2.20pm Friday 7 February 2014
ii. Draw 2: 2.40pm – 3.25pm Friday 7 February 2014
iii. Draw 3: 3.40pm – 4.25pm Friday 7 February 2014
iv. Draw 4: 4.45pm – 5.30pm Friday 7 February 2014
v. Draw 5: 5.45pm – 6.35pm Friday 7 February 2014
vi. Draw 6: 1.40pm – 2.25pm Saturday 8 February 2014
vii. Draw 7: 2.30pm – 3.10pm Saturday 8 February 2014
viii. Draw 8: 3.35pm – 4.30pm Saturday 8 February 2014
ix. Draw 9: 4.50pm – 5.30pm Saturday 8 February 2014
x. Draw 10: 6.00pm – 6.55pm Saturday 8 February 2014
c. Times are approximate as the winner and his/her friends will be escorted onto the field in-between matches. They are required to meet at a designated meeting location 15mins prior to your scheduled time. This location will be confirmed during the notification of the winner.
- Compliance with any health and safety or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their companions. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at the Tournament.
- The organiser of the Tournament has the right to refuse entry on to the field if the individual or member(s) of the group are deemed too intoxicated by the security staff or tournament staff assigned to this competition. Pockets must be emptied prior to entering the field. No mobile phones on the field. No photography or videography is allowed to be taken by any individual. Tournament not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. If the prize or any part of it is not utilised it will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 5 February 2014, a second chance draw will be held by the Promoter at 11.00am on 6 February 2014 at Qantas Airways Limited, Level 6, 191 Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone by 7 February 2014.
Limitation of Liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter and Tournament, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.