Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia (telephone number: 02 9691 3636) New Zealand telephone number 0800 101 500 (Promoter). All times are local New Zealand times.
- There are two promotions on 12 February 2015. The Qantas Lunch promotion commences at 12.00pm and concludes at 1.45pm. The Qantas Dinner promotion commences at 6.00pm and concludes at 7.45pm. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open to invited guests at the Qantas Lunch and Qantas Dinner (Events) on Thursday 12 February 2015 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during each of the respective Promotion Periods (Entry):
(a) Take a photo of yourself or the new Qantas food offering at one of the Events;
(b) Submit your photo by one of these methods:
i. Login to Twitter or Instagram and post your photo
ii. Login to Facebook and post a photo to the Qantas Wall at facebook.com/Qantas.
(c) Include “#QFeat” and “#qantasfood” when posting your photo
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or if it is unable to view or consider an entry, any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
- In the event that there are two or more identical photos submitted by the same person, the entry first submitted will be accepted, and all later entries will be disqualified.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the entry is submitted via qantas.com or whose name the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account is held.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the applicable social media providers Terms of Service and other related policies (available at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/, https://twitter.com/terms, www.facebook.com/terms.php).
- The Promoter will not accept entries that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
License to use Entry
- By entering and including #QFeat and #qantasfood with a photo, Eligible Entrants grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, your photo, including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts (Licence).
Eligible Entrants are able to revoke the Licence at any time by:
a. contacting the Promoter in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and notifying the Promoter that the Eligible Entrant no longer wants the Promoter to use the photo;
b. removing the “#QFeat” and “#qantasfood” tag from any post associated with the photo; and
c. taking any other steps required to prevent the photo being reproduced through social media aggregator tools.
Any photos where the Licence has been withdrawn will be deemed ineligible for entry, and will not be judged.
Confirmation Entry Is Original And The Entrant Is Able To Grant Licence To The Promoter
- Each Entrant confirms that their Entry is their original work, does not infringe the rights of any third party, and that they have the right to the grant the Licence in these terms and conditions.
Entrant's Agreement Not To Assert Moral Rights
- By submitting their Entry, each Entrant agrees not to assert any rights related to integrity, attribution or no false attribution of authorship or performership and any rights of a similar nature that exist, or may come to exist, anywhere in the world (Moral Rights) that they may have in relation to the use of the photo.
Entrant's Confirmation In Relation To The Permission Of Third Parties And Their Agreement Not To Assert Moral Rights
- By submitting their Entry, each Entrant confirms:
a. any other parties who may have Moral Rights in connection with the Entry have:
i. been provided a copy of these terms and conditions;
ii. read these terms and conditions and understood them;
iii. consented to the use of the Entry in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
iv. agreed not to assert those Moral Rights;
b. that all persons appearing in the Entry or whose identity is apparent in the Entry (and the parents or guardians of minors appearing or whose identity is apparent in the Entry) have: v. been provided a copy of these terms and conditions;
vi. read these terms and conditions and understood them; and
vii. consented to you uploading the Photo and for it to be used in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
c. that if the Entry contains a reference to, or image of, a third party or third party property, that they have all required permissions and consents from all relevant third parties (including a third party that is a body corporate or business) to submit the Entry to be used in accordance with the terms and conditions.
Judging of entries
- There will be one (1) entry picked by the judges from entries received between 12.00pm and 1.30pm and one (1) from entries received between 6.00pm and 7.30pm. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Entries will be judged based on the originality and creativity.
- Judging will take place at 1.40pm and 7.40pm on 12 February 2015 at Ponsonby Central, 136/146 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand, and will be conducted by the Promoter.
Notification of the winners
- The winner must be present to accept the prize will be notified at the conclusion of each event after the judging of entries:
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner’s accepts all conditions of use of the prize.
- There will be two prizes. The maximum value of each prize is NZ$2,300, based on the recommend retail value and the exchange rate at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- Each prize is:
• Return economy flights to Sydney for two people
• One Samsonite Spin Truck Volumax Suitcase
• Qantas Valet parking for one car at Auckland airport for up to 4 days
• Qantas lounge passes for two people in Auckland and Sydney
• A pair of Sony® noise cancelling headphones MDR-NC8
• $50 DFS shopping voucher.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. The prize does not include travel insurance, and meals and taxes not included in the price of the ticket, meals, accommodation, flights, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and their guest.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Please allow minimum of 21 days’ notice when making the booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
- Prize travel must be completed by 1 February 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
- The prize must be taken as stated in these terms and conditions. Any part of the prize that cannot be taken as stated will be forfeited and no compensation will be payable. The prize is not transferable to another person (unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter) and cannot be exchanged for other goods and services or redeemed for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is in breach of these terms and conditions of entry or who manipulates, seeks to manipulate or benefits from manipulating, the entry process or the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the prize winner and/or that winner's nominated companion to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the person is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and their nominated companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Right of the Promoter to rejudging
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant not being present to accept the prize or being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed, a second judging will occur. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified immediately.
Limitation of Liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this Promotion.
- The Promoter and each of their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to, any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 32 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
• for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
• to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winners otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at qantas.com/privacy
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
Important information about competitions on Twitter
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Twitter Terms of Service, which can be viewed at http://twitter.com/tos, and other related policies.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.