Qantas Rugby 7s Ticket Competition
1) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period post a direct response to the Promoter's Facebook post, 'What's the most outrageous costume you and your mates would wear to the HSBC Sydney 7s?'.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 09:00am on 3 February 2015 and closes at 09:00am on 5 February 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents living in Sydney aged 18 or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period post a comment on the Promoter's Facebook page answering, 'What's the most outrageous costume you and your mates would wear to the HSBC Sydney 7s?'
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place on 5 February at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
13) There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$140, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) The prize is:
Four (4) General Admission Match Day Tickets for the HSBC Sydney Sevens on Saturday 6 February 2016.
15) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
16) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
17) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18) The prize is subject to the conditions of ticketing for the HSBC Rugby 7s imposed by the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) and the winner agrees to be bound by those conditions. The prize gives the winner a transferable but conditional licence for admission to HSBC Sydney Sevens on Saturday 6 February 2016. The licence will automatically terminate if the winner or any subsequent transferee:
a) resells the prize at a premium;
b) resells the prize through a broker or agent;
c) advertises or offers the prize for resale on the internet or any other medium; or
d) uses the prize for advertising , promotion or other commercial purpose (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, without the prior, written permission of the ARU. The ARU has the right to deny admission if the licence has terminated.
Notification of the winner
19) The winner will be notified by a direct message to their Facebook account by 12:00pm 5 February 2016 and their name will be published on Qantas' Facebook account on 5 February 2016. The winner must claim the prize by 13:00 AEST 5 February 2016.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
20) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 13:00 5 February 2016, a second round of judging will be conducted by the Adjudicator on 5 February 2016 at the same place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by direct message on their Facebook account by 14:00 on 5 February 2016 and their names will be published on Qantas' Facebook account on 5 February 2016.
Judging backup entries
21) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional 3 entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by direct message on their Facebook account by 5 February 2016 and their names will be published on Qantas' Facebook account on 5 February 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
26) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.