200,000 Qantas Points
Your chance to WIN 1 of 5 prizes of 200,000 Qantas Points
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not form part of the agreement or affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia (telephone number: 02 9691 3636) New Zealand telephone number 0800 101 500 (Promoter). All times are local New Zealand times.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am (NZDT) on 4 November 2012 and closes at 11.59pm (NZDT) on 18 November 2012 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to New Zealand residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- Eligible Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent or guardian to enter the competition and, if they win a prize, to redeem their prize.
- To claim a prize, a winner must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the Terms and Conditions (available at qantas.com/terms). Join at qantas.com/nzfreejoin and receive complimentary membership.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period, purchase an international Qantas ticket (that is, a ticket with a ticket number beginning ‘081’) in New Zealand for travel originating in New Zealand:
a) to an international destination other than Australia; and
b) where at least one flight on the ticket has a ‘QF’ flight number. (Eligible Ticket)
- Tickets issued as part of a Classic Award booking are not eligible to enter the promotion. Passengers must be booked to travel as an infant with a seat, child or adult on all flights on their ticket (passengers whose travel is partly or entirely as an infant without a seat are not eligible). Bookings cancelled or refunded prior to the draw will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries are permitted, however only one entry is permitted per person per Eligible Ticket. The example table below for the “Citizen family” who made a family booking together for four passengers, with A Citizen also making a separate individual booking, demonstrates how the type of passenger booked affects eligibility to enter:
Name Relevant booking details Number of entries permitted A Citizen 1x Eligible Booking traveling with family as an adult
1x Eligible Booking travelling alone
Two total – one for each booking B Citizen 1x Eligible Booking with family, traveling as adult One total C Citizen 1 x Eligible Booking traveling with family – age 23 months at time of booking, but traveling
on a child ticket for entire journey (age at time of departure is 30 months)
One total D Citizen 1x Eligible Booking traveling with family – traveling as an infant without a seat at time
of departure (18 months old), returning as a child ( 26 months at time of return)
Not eligible to enter. Total entries permitted under these terms and conditions Four.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will be computer-generated and will take place at 4pm on 28 November 2013 at 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There are five prizes. Each prize is 200,000 Qantas Points (Prize).
- If a winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at NZ$50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- The prize will be credited to a winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 6 weeks of the winner completing travel on the winning ticket. If a winner cancels their ticket or makes changes to the ticket so as to no longer meet the definition of an Eligible Ticket, the winner will forfeit the prize and no replacement winner will be selected
- The maximum notional value of each Prize is approximately NZ$1,450 with a total prize pool of approximately NZ$7,250 based on a sample of the Awards that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program) as at 30 October 2013. For example, 6,750 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a New Zealand Store Gift Card with a value of NZ$50 and 195,750 Qantas Points could therefore be redeemed for 29 New Zealand Store Gift cards to the value of NZ$1,450.
- The estimate of the maximum notional value is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value will vary depending on whether and how it is used. The maximum notional value for the Prize is correct as at 30 October 213 but the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of the Prize.
- The redemption of the Prize is subject to the availability of Awards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- In the event the Prize is redeemed for Award travel, the winner should be aware that the number of Award flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Award seats available. The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Award travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their Prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel and are subject to change without notice. Award flights must be booked 24 hours before scheduled departure, unless you are booking on qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights. Some locations require earlier advance booking (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Award travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person unless permitted under the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (and only to that extent, if any).
Notification of the winner
- The winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw, and their name will be published on qantas.com and facebook.com/Qantas.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the Prize. For any Prize that remains unclaimed by 5pm on 28 February 2014, a second draw will take place on 1 March 2014 at the same time and place as stated in clause 12, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will by notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published on qantas.com and facebook.com/qantas.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the Prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any Prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities and market research in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com/terms. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at qantas.com/privacy
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize, including membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (if applicable). Independent financial advice should be sought.