Qantas Flight Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3919) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on 16 March and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) 23 March 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. All Australian issued American Express Cards are covered including supplementary
5. All prize winners must be over the age of 18.
Entry into the promotion
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period
a. Subject to clause 6 b) and 7 use their Eligible American Express Card (that is, a card for an existing account that is current and in good standing and held by a member in Australia) to pay for an Eligible Qantas Domestic Booking during promotion through qantas.com or by telephone on 13 13 13, or through a travel agent. Please note that a card payment fee may apply and bookings made through 13 13 13 attract a fee. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for card payments which vary.
b. An Eligible Qantas Booking is a one-way or return domestic or booking in Economy or Business with the ticket starting with QF.
c. Register the Eligible Domestic booking at qantas.com.
7. Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay - Flights bookings are not an Eligible Qantas Domestic Booking that is, any ticket that is issued as part of a booking that is paid for partially or entirely using Qantas Points) are not an Eligible Qantas Domestic booking
8. Multiple entries are permitted, however Eligible Entrants will receive one entry per Eligible Booking, irrespective of the number of people on the booking registered.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
10. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
Drawing of entries
13. The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 30 March 2015 at will be conducted by at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 (Drawer).
14. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. There will be 5 prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$50,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
16. Each prize is a AU$10,000 Qantas voucher to be used for Qantas flights anywhere in the Qantas network
17. The 5 x AU$10,000 Qantas voucher is valid on can be used for services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only. The tickets cannot be used on services which are operated by another airline but which have a QF flight number (known as 'codeshare services'); nor can they be used on Jetstar services or Qantas regional airline services under the QantasLink brand
18. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
19. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
20. Prize travel must be booked by 30 May 2016. Prize travel must be completed by 30 June 2016 There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued
21. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
22. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
23. The winners will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw, and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 7 April 2015 and qantas.com.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
24. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 30 June 2015 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 14 July 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 2 days after the draw and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 21 July 2015 and qantas.com
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
26. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27. The exclusion of liability in clause 26 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
28. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/01525, ACT TP15/04978, Victorian Permit No. 15/435 & SA Licence No. T15/357