Qantas and Emirates
The world's leading airline partnership just got better.
From March 2018, our customers will have more choice on ways to fly between Australia, New Zealand and UK/Europe with Qantas and Emirates. This includes a choice of three hub options to UK/Europe - Dubai, Perth and Singapore.*
Our combined network offers over 2,000 routes for Qantas Frequent Flyers to earn and redeem Qantas Points.
A seamless travel experience
Together, Qantas and Emirates offer one of the most comprehensive international networks in the world. Qantas will apply to extend our partnership with Emirates for a further five years, reinforcing our commitment to giving you greater ways to earn and use Qantas Points when travelling on our combined network.
Our new network offering will include greater year round frequency and more services between Australia and New Zealand, and more ways to get to Europe via the following flight options:
- Between Australia and London via Singapore: we're re-introducing our popular route flying to and from London via Singapore, flight services will commence from 25 March 2018.
- Direct flights between Australia and London: fly on our non-stop service between Australia and London onboard our new Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- Emirates via Dubai to and from Europe: fly via Dubai on Emirates' A380 and B777 services from Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney; with connections to over 60 cities in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
From March 2018, Emirates will stop flying from Melbourne and Brisbane to Auckland. At the same time, to provide greater choice across the Tasman, Qantas will increase the frequency of its services between the two countries, adding seven new return flights per week between Melbourne and Auckland and an extra two return services per week between Brisbane and Auckland. Some of these services will be up-gauged from a 737 to a wide-body A330.
Where could the Qantas and Emirates partnership take you?
Our partnership with Emirates means more flights and more choice for every Qantas Frequent Flyer. You can earn and use Qantas Points when flying on the joint Qantas and Emirates network.
You'll also earn Status Credits on many Emirates flights, as long as you have a Qantas (QF) flight number on your ticket. Eligible members can use Emirates Lounges across Australia, Europe, Asia, North Africa and the Middle East.
Find out more about our Frequent Flyer partnership with Emirates.
Two of the largest A380 fleets in the world
Fly into the future with Qantas and Emirates, who together offer one of the world's most modern fleets of long haul aircraft.
- You'll experience the comfort and luxury of travelling on two of the largest A380 fleets in the world.
- Emirates flies technologically advanced wide-bodied Boeing 777 aircraft to a wide range of destinations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Qantas will be taking to the skies with the longest Dreamliner Boeing 787-9 flight from March 2018, flying non-stop between Perth and London*.
* Subject to Government and Regulatory approval. Due to traffic right restrictions, Emirates cannot code on Qantas’ Perth-London service but its customers can redeem frequent flyer points on the route as part of the partnership.
Access to more lounges across the world
Qantas Frequent Flyers as well as travellers in premium cabins have access to Emirates and Qantas Lounges.
This includes access to Emirates' First Class and Business Class Lounges in Concourse A in Dubai Terminal 3 and Qantas' award-winning First Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, as well as Qantas and Emirates Lounges in Australia, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
Ensure your Qantas Frequent Flyer number is in your booking to be able to access the lounge using your Qantas Frequent Flyer card. You can do this online through Manage Your Booking.
A seamless customer experience
Access a world-class product and service offering as well as a seamless customer experience when travelling on Qantas and Emirates, with reciprocal benefits for premium Frequent Flyers including priority check-in and boarding.
To enable a seamless customer experience, both Qantas and Emirates use a weight system for checked baggage on international flights, excluding those to/from the Americas.
Chauffeur Drive service
For First and Business travellers, your journey starts from the moment you leave your front door with our complimentary Chauffeur Drive service from selected cities.
Eligible customers can now add Chauffeur Drive to their existing bookings for selected Qantas international flights. Simply log in to Manage Your Booking and select the Chauffeur Drive promotional icon.
* Subject to Government and regulatory approvals.