Win the ultimate Qantas/Airbnb experience
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
The promoters are Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206, and Airbnb Australia Pty Ltd. (ABN 96 153 841 493) 60 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills 2010 (Promoters)
2) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01am on 04 October 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 October 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
3) Entry is open to residents of Australia, age 18 years or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
4) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Book any Airbnb stay by clicking through from qantas.com
b) Each individual booking is counted as one automatic entry
5) The Promoters are not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
6) Entries are based on Airbnb bookings made via qantas.com. Each booking qualifies as one automatic entry in this promotion.
7) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoters.
8) An eligible entry qualifies as an Airbnb booking made on qantas.com where by payment is made and an Airbnb booking confirmation email is received. This is for any Airbnb property listing within Australia or overseas with a minimum of one night stay duration.
9) If an Eligible Entrant cancels the Airbnb booking made via qantas.com, his or her entry will be withdrawn from this promotion.
10) The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11) The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 11 November 2016 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
12) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$60,000.00, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) The prize is one ultimate Qantas and Airbnb experience for the prize winner and three companions, which includes return adult business class tickets on Qantas to San Francisco from the winner's closest port in Australia, access to the Qantas International First Lounge in Sydney before take-off, return transfers from/to San Francisco airport, 5 nights accommodation at an Airbnb listing in San Francisco using an Airbnb coupon to the value of AU$5000, land excursions activities and AU$4000 spending money either loaded onto a Qantas Cash card or provided to the winner in another manner, at the Promoter's discretion.
a) The winner of the Qantas and Airbnb Experience will receive notice of the prize by email and phone, along with instructions on how to redeem, on 15 November 2016.
b) The Qantas and Airbnb Experience is valid for dates from the winner's closest port in Australia and travel must be taken before 30 June 2017. Should the prize winner and companions wish to extend any travel arrangements then these expenses will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner and companions. Flight availability and/or cancellation and/or change fees will be at the expense of the prize winner and companions.
c) The Qantas and Airbnb Experience must be booked with a minimum of 12 weeks' notice before intended date to travel and must be taken as per the itinerary supplied. No changes and or variations to the set itinerary and departure / return dates unless arranged and funded by the prize winner and companions.
d) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
e) Selected black-out dates apply over the Christmas period and peak holiday season to the time and date in which the Qantas and Airbnb Experience can be travelled.
f) Any unused events and or scheduled arrangements of the prize package cannot be refunded and will be immediately forfeited.
g) To redeem the Qantas Cash prize, winners will need to make sure the Qantas Cash facility on their Qantas Card has been activated. To apply to activate, visit qantascash.com. In the event the winner's activation request is declined, the prize money will be transferred to them in another manner.
15) To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer 16 years of age or older. Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business). MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the having regard to those matters. A PDS in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility.
Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Although the MasterCard Acceptance Mark may be displayed, Qantas Cash may not operate in some countries and geographical regions, due to restrictions. Currently Qantas Cash cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are currently in place: Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, ATMs or POS terminals may not be owned or operated by the Issuer or MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Limited and the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Limited are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Limited cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or may be declined. For more information please see the PDS at qantascash.com.
16) The Airbnb coupon is for use on the Airbnb platform, which can be applied only towards a single booking of an Airbnb listing. This booking must be completed (including host acceptance) at least 12 weeks prior to 30 June 2017. The winner and each companion is responsible for possessing all necessary ID, visa and other documents required for travel. The winner's and his/her companion's use of the Airbnb coupon and subsequent stay at the Airbnb listing is subject to the Terms of Service applicable to the Airbnb platform, available at https://www.airbnb.com.au/terms. If the winner cancels or shortens his/her stay at the Airbnb listing, he/she will not be entitled to any refund on the whole or any part of the value of the Airbnb coupon.
17) Failure to claim prize and submit names prior to 10.00am on 13 February 2017 will result in the loss of the prize. Once the travel date is confirmed by the prize winner, the flights, accommodation and remainder of prize package are unable to be changed to another date and prize winner and companions must travel on the stipulated date. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 30 June 2017. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoters. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. Terms and conditions can be found at http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/qantas-airbnb-prize-package-competition-terms/au/en
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20) The Promoters reserve the right to any remedy, including withdrawal, denial or cancellation of a prize, if fraud, tampering or other violations of these terms and conditions are suspected.
Notification of the winner
21) The winner will be notified by phone and email by the Promoters on 15 November 2016 and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper,and on qantas.com/airbnb promotion page on 18 November 2016.
Right of the Promoters to redraw
22) The Promoters reserve the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10.00am on 13 February 2017, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 27 February 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and email by 1 March 2017 and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on 6 March 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters and which prevents the Promoters from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoters will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoters reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoters, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. For personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoters in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoters in the ordinary course of business; or
b. To the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoters. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoters, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoters at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoters using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoters' Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy or www.airbnb.com/terms/privacy_policy to obtain a copy.
Interpretation and Disputes
27) Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all decisions of the Promoters which are final and binding. Any dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws applicable in the State of New South Wales, excluding its body of law controlling conflict of laws, and shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of New South Wales. Entrants consent and waive any objection to the jurisdiction of such courts for any such disputes.
28) The Promoters accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/07391, ACT TP16/01823 & SA Licence No. T16/1650.