2009 Pullman Delicious Escapade Promotion Competition
Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. Entries not made in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
Section 1: Promotion
1. Promotion: Book and stay for 2 nights or longer on the Pullman Delicious Escapade package at any participating Pullman hotel in Australia between 01 October 2009 and 06 January 2010 inclusive for the chance to enter the draw to win a trip for 2, to Bangkok, staying at the Pullman Bangkok King Power.
2. Promoter: AAPC Limited (ABN 87 009 175 820) of Level 30, Angel Place, 123 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion will commence at 12.01 am on 01 October 2009 and will close 11.59 pm on 06 January 2010. All times recorded throughout these terms and conditions are in Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Section 2: Eligibility
4. To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the entrant must:
a. be above 18 years of age; and
b. be an Australian resident; and
c. book and stay for two nights or longer on the Pullman Delicious Escapade package at any participating Pullman hotel in Australia between 01 October 2009 and 06 January 2010 inclusive and have completed their stay between 01 October 2009 and 06 January 2010 (inclusive) to be eligible for entry in the Draw.
5. Non-Eligibility: Entrants are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win any Prize if they are a director or manager, an employee or immediate family member of an employee of the Promoter, or an employee of their agencies associated with the Promotion.
6. Further, any personal information or contact details entered incorrectly on either the online booking system or the provided to the call centre/hotel shall deem the entry as an invalid entry.
Section 3: Entry to the Promotion
7. When an eligible entrant makes a booking and pays for a stay at any participating Accor Pullman Hotel in Australia, within the promotion period the entrant will then receive the opportunity to register their details for one (1) entry to the Promotion within the Promotion Period as noted in Clause 3. Multiple entries are permitted when multiple bookings are made. For the entry to be valid, the accommodation booking must be paid for at or prior to the time of stay and the payment cannot be disputed by the entrant, or for any reason subsequently cancelled or refunded.
Section 4: Draw
8. Draw: A representative of the Promoter will conduct the draw of submitted entries at 11.00am on 15 January 2010 at 5/15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The Prize Winners will be selected at random from a computer-generated listing of those entries that comply with Section 2 and 3 of these terms and conditions and are submitted during the Promotion Period.
9. Prize Winner: The Prize described below in Section 5 will be awarded to the first valid eligible entry drawn as described in Clause 8.
Section 5: Prizes
10. Prize: There is one Prize to be awarded in this Promotion.
11. Prize Components DRAW: The Prize will comprise all components listed below:
- Return economy class airfares for 2 people from the prize winner's nearest capital city in Australia to Bangkok, Thailand
- 5 x nights' accommodation in a Superior Room at the Pullman Bangkok King Power
- Limousine transfers to and from airport (destination only)
- 3 course dinner for 2 to the maximum value of AUD$350
The maximum retail value of the Prize is AUD$7,163.00.
12. Prize Value: The total value of the Prize to be won during the Promotion is valued at up to AUD$7,163 inclusive of GST.
13. Prize Conditions: Prize is subject to the following conditions:
a. No exchange of Prize: A Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. (except those covered in condition 13e) If for any reason, a Prize Winner cannot take any component of the Prize then the Prize will be forfeited.
b. Ancillary Costs: All transport, meals, beverages, spending money, insurances, service charges, taxes, transfers and ancillary costs, including cost of travel to and from the airport are not included in a Prize unless specified and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
c. Taxes: If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
d. Prize Availability: All components of the Prize, are subject to availability. Any bookings requested for weekends or public holidays may incur an additional cost which will be at the Prize Winners expense. The Prize must be booked and taken by 30 September 2010.
e. In the event that any component of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize component with another Prize of equal value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
Section 5: Prize Winners
14. Contact: The Promoter will contact the Prize Winners in writing by mail or email and telephone by 19 January 2010 to confirm his/her eligibility under these terms and conditions and to confirm whether the Prize Winner wishes to claim his/her Prize. The names of the Prize Winner will also be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian on 22 January 2010.
15. Claim of Prize: If the Prize Winner wishes to claim the Prize, the Prize Winner must confirm this and his/her eligibility to win under these terms and conditions by 10.00 am on 15 April 2010. If the Prize Winner fails to do either or both of these things by the deadline, the Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of a Prize Winner being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a Prize. For a Prize that remains unclaimed or is forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw at the same time and place as the original draw on 30 April 2010 subject to permission from applicable state departments. Each Prize Winner will be notified in writing by mail and email and telephone, and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 7 May 2010.
17. Winner Publicity: In accepting the Prize, a Prize Winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter. The Prize Winner further acknowledges that the Promoter reserves the right to publicise their name, address and photographs without any payment being made to them in respect of this Promotion.
Section 6: General Conditions
18. Lost, Delayed Communication: The Promoter will not be responsible for any delayed, lost or misdirected mail or any other communication.
19. Release: To the fullest extent permissible by law, each entrant in the Promotion including without limitation each Prize Winner, releases the Promoter from any claim, loss, damage, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred by such entrant in connection with the Prize or their participation in the Promotion. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential and economic loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion, or the use or supply of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any unauthorised intervention, or any combination thereof, including any non-delivery or corruption of entries to the Promoter, injury or damage to participants' or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
20. Force Majeure: Subject to State legislation the Promoter will not be responsible for any act, omission, failure or delay by the Promoter that is due to an act of God, riots, acts of terrorism, storms, fire, any labour or industrial dispute, any strike, and other acts, which are not reasonably within the control of the Promoter.
21. Disputes: In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Privacy Notice: During the course of the Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information in relation to entrants. This may include, but is not limited to, the names, email addresses, telephone numbers and credit card details of the entrants, provided by the entrant on the guest registration form or when paying for services provided by the participating Accor Pullman Hotel. The entrants' personal information is collected so the Promoter is able to conduct the Prize Draw and to contact and award the Prize to the Prize Winner, to publish the results of the Promotion and to publicise the Promotion.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/09/08971, ACT Permit P09/03858, SA Licence No. T09/2342, Victorian Permit No. 09/3153.