Designer Amenities Take To The Skies On Qantas Airways
LOS ANGELES - May 8, 2007
Qantas Airways has introduced a new designer amenities collection created by some of Australia's most recognized creative talent. First and Business Class travelers on Qantas international services are now enjoying the designer collections from Marc Newson, Collette Dinnigan, Akira Isogawa and Peter Morrissey.
"As one of the world's most innovative airlines, Qantas is committed to offering travelers only the best in luxury and style," said Wally R. Mariani, Qantas Airways Senior Executive Vice President, The Americas and Pacific. "We are delighted to be able to showcase Australia's celebrated design talent to our North American passengers," he added.
The new designer collection is the first installment in a series of luxury product enhancements, spearheaded by world famous Australian industrial designer Marc Newson, who was recently named designer of the year at the annual Design Miami event.
Since designing Qantas Airways' award-winning Business Class Skybed sleeper seat in 2003, Marc Newson has been guiding all the product development to create a distinctive style in line with Qantas' premium positioning.
The First Class amenity collection includes:
- Collette Dinnigan-designed floral silk purse for female customers;
- Akira Isogawa-designed, functional and stylish, zippered pod in chocolate suede for men;
- Elegant Akira Isogawa pajamas in soft cotton with matching luxury eyeshade and slippers;
- High quality hydrating products from leading French skincare house, Payot Paris; and
- Other comfort items, including hair products from renowned Australian hairstylist Kevin Murphy
The Business Class amenity collection includes:
- Highly collectable amenity packs by Marc Newson - blue for women, gray for men;
- Moisturizing products from Australian skincare range Ultraceuticals;
- Soft cotton pajamas by Peter Morrissey, designer of the Qantas uniforms, and matching eyeshade on selected long haul flights; and
- Other comfort items, including Kevin Murphy hair care products
As part of an extensive upgrade of its international product, Qantas is also introducing a new range of luxury designer soft furnishings and tableware, including cutlery produced by Alessi and bone china crockery by Noritake, followed by further enhancements throughout the year.
Later this month, Qantas will extend the new designer products to ground operations with the opening of the new Marc Newson-designed First Class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
"We believe our new flagship lounges will be simply the best in the world," said Mr. Mariani.
About Qantas Airways
Qantas Airways is a global air carrier with more than 200 aircraft offering service to 142 destinations in 40 countries. Founded in 1920, Qantas Airways in 2004 celebrated 50 years of continuous flying between North America and Australia. Offering more non-stop flights to Australia and New Zealand than any other carrier, Qantas provides convenient connections from its gateways in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Honolulu. Recently acknowledged with the 2006 Avion Award for Best Overall In-flight Entertainment, Qantas has long been recognized for its continued focus on excellence in the air as well as on the ground. Qantas' Business class Skybed sleeper seat received the prestigious Chicago Athenaeum Museum 2004 Good Design Award, and its creator Marc Newson, was just named Designer of the Year by Design Miami.
Qantas Airways Ltd. (USA) (97)