Pack the Spirit of Australa. Terms and conditions
How would you pack the 'Spirit of Australia' into your suitcase? Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Ph: (02) 9691 4773) (Promoter
3. All references to are to the local time in Sydney, Australia, unless otherwise noted. The competition opens 3.00PM 21 March 2013 and closes 11:59PM 27 March 2013 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 13 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Minors will be required to provide written consent from a parent or guardian before claiming the prize.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
(a) Log onto Instagram via the mobile application and visit the Qantas Instagram page (QantasAirways);
(b) You must "Follow" Qantas on the Instagram page to be able to enter the competition;
(c) Upload a photo highlighting how you would pack the 'Spirit of Australia' into your suitcase;
(d) You must include @QantasAirways when you post the photo and comment "I've packed the Spirit of Australia".
6. In the event that there are two or more identical photos submitted, the entry first submitted will be accepted, and all later entries will be disqualified.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Instagram account is held
11. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with Instagram's Terms of Service and other related policies (available at instagram.com/legal/terms).
12. The Promoter will not accept entries that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
License to use Entry
13. By entering and tagging a photo @QantasAirways, Eligible Entrants grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, your photo, including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
Judging of entries
14. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
15. Entries will be judged based on the originality, creativity and suitability of their responses to the question.
16. Judging will take place on 28 March 2013 at midday at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020 and will be conducted by the Promoter.
17. There are five prizes. Each prize is:
a) two tickets to the Ellen show on 23 May 2013.
b) return Premium Economy flights for two people from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Los Angeles; and
c) three nights' accommodation (22-25 May 2013) for two people (twin share) in Los Angeles at a hotel to be decided by the Promoter in its discretion.
18. Bookings must be made by 26 April 2013. The winner is encouraged to book as early as possible, as seats are subject to prize travel availability. The prize winner and their companion must travel together on the prize flights and stay together in prize accommodation. All travel must be completed by 31 July 2013.
19. The maximum total prize value is AU$88,630 (each individual prize value is AU$17,726) based on the recommend retail value of the prize and the exchange rate at the time of publication. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
20. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued or to accommodation once accommodation booking is confirmed.
21. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, accommodation, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the/each prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
22. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize tickets are valid for Premium Economy Class (W class only) air travel. The winner and their companions will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas points.
23. If the prize (or a part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
Notification of the winner
25. The winner will be notified via a comment on their photo entry within two business days after the judging of entries and their name will be published on Instagram.
26. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the notification by midday 3 April 2013 by email to the email address provided in the notification comment.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
27. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 2pm 3 April 2013 a second round of judging will take place at 2PM 4 April 2013 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner(s) determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by comment on their entry within two business days and their names will be published on Instagram.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
28. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
29. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
30. The exclusion of liability in clause 27 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business, and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b)to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
31. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
Liability for taxation as a result of accepting a prize
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.