Experience Sydney in 2012 from $2012*
New York, NY - January 26, 2012
Celebrate Australia Day with this great deal to discover the glittering harbour and ocean city of Sydney
In honor of Australia Day, Qantas Airways, Destination New South Wales and Qantas Vacations today announced the "Experience Sydney in 2012 from $2012 per person*" promotion. Through this special offer travelers can book a comprehensive Aussie vacation including airfare, accommodations, tours, activities and more. Available for booking by 29 February 2012 for outbound travel between 15 April and 8 June 2012 or between 15 July and 21 September 2012, this special promotion enables visitors to discover one of the most spectacular and vibrant cities in the world.
The Qantas "Celebrate 2012 in Sydney from $2012" package is a value-packed, convenient way to experience Sydney's highlights and includes:
- Round trip Qantas Economy flights from Los Angeles to Sydney*
- Five nights in Sydney at a 3-star hotel
- Sydney City Sightseeing tour
- Sydney Harbour lunch cruise
- World Heritage Blue Mountains full-day sightseeing tour
- Entry to Wild Life Sydney
- Air Taxes
- Hotel upgrades available from $100
Adding an extra element to the limited-time promotion, travelers can participate in the Sydney Online Auction, which will enable participants to bid on a range of iconic Aussie experiences over a 7-day period with bids starting from just $1. At the end of each 7 day sale, the experience will go to the highest bidder. Experiences can also be purchased instantly at discounted rates.
The first experience up for grabs in the auction is by Australian Eco Adventures and includes a small group tour of Sydney and the Hunter Valley region, lunch with local wines, overnight accommodation at Peppers Guest House and transfer back to Sydney, valued at $1,436 per couple.
Sydney is a top "bucket list" destination for good reason, with its breathtaking harbor and iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Visitors can explore the more than 155-mile long shore and coastline, indulge in fine waterfront dining and enjoy a wealth of entertainment options.
In 2012 Sydney will showcase why it is renowned as one of the world's best festival and event cities, with unique shows from Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour from 24 March to 15 April and Vivid Sydney, a festival of light, music and ideas from 25 May to 11 June.
Sydney's surroundings are just as spectacular. Day trip options include the magnificent World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park and Royal National Park (the world's second oldest national park) and the Hunter Valley wine region - all offering potential sightings of Australia's unique wildlife.
Flights are available from US $1,258* per person round trip Economy airfare, including taxes, fees and surcharges, for travel from Los Angeles to Sydney.
"Celebrate 2012 in Sydney from $2012" price is per person based on double occupancy. Not combinable with any other special or discounted vacation package.
* Round trip Economy class travel from Los Angeles to Sydney departing between 15 April and 8 June 2012 or between 15 July and 21 September 2012. Book by 29 February 2012. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights. Tickets are nonrefundable except tickets purchased one week or more prior to departure may be canceled without charge within 24 hours of ticketing. Date changes are $200 per transaction plus any additional airfare. Fuel charges of $500 from the US, and US/foreign taxes of approximately US$160 are included. Some airlines may impose additional charges for checked baggage. Please refer to each airline's website for information regarding its checked baggage policies. Prices are current as of 25 January 2012 and are subject to to change. Prices are not guaranteed until full payment is received. Hearing impaired persons may dial 711 (National Relay Service) to contact Qantas at 1 800 227 4691. Visit qantas.com/Sydney for more details.
Qantas is the only airline offering A380 service from the US on select non-stop flights from Los Angeles to Sydney and to Melbourne. The Qantas A380 features aircraft interiors designed by internationally renowned industrial designer and Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson. Providing over 40 flights per week from the US, Qantas offers 34 nonstop flights from Los Angeles (to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland), six from Dallas/Fort Worth to Sydney, a daily direct service from JFK and three from Honolulu to Sydney.
Ty Bentsen (The Brandman Agency) Telephone: 212 683 2442 e-Mail: email@example.com
Jami Gordon-Smith (The Brandman Agency) Telephone: 212.683.2442 e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qantas Airways Ltd. (USA) (147)