Win an adventure of a lifetime in New York City
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 2011) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01 (AEST) on 3 October 2015 and closes at 23:59 (AEDT) on 11 November 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents 18 years or older who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must make an Eligible Booking (that is, a one-way or return booking between Australia and New York City with a QF code with all flights operated by Qantas Airways for travel between 15 December 2015 and 15 December 2016)) during the Promotion Period, then register online at qantas.com and answer the question "Tell us in 25 words or less, what is best way to spend a day in New York City?" in 25 words or less.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants receive one entry only.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place at 16:00 on 2 December 2015 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter with consultation from NYC & Company as applicable (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There is 1 prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$3,545 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of publishing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The prize consists of:
- One (1) superior room at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel for five (5) nights' stay. Rooms feature spectacular city views from the 21st floor or higher and upscale amenities including the Sheraton Sweet SleeperTM Bed. Stay includes room and tax only. Based on availability as determined by hotel and subject to blackout dates at the time of claiming the prize. Other restrictions may apply. Stay is non-transferable. Validity is from 15 December 2015 until 15 December 2016. Valued at $2,104.
- Broadway show tickets for maximum two (2) people. Tickets are courtesy of The Broadway Collection. Winners will be asked to provide a list of preferred shows from the available shows promoted by The Broadway Collection. Tickets are subject to availability at time of claiming prize. Seating locations are determined at the discretion of the box office. Blackout dates may apply. For more information on the shows currently playing visit http://www.broadwaycollection.com Valued at approximately $421 (depending on seat).
- Two (2) New York CityPASS passes to be provided by NYC & Company for use during trip. Validity as stamped on the voucher, not transferable or refundable. Valued at $320.
- Macy's gift card prize of USD$500 valid towards purchases at any Macy's stores. Valued at $700 AUD. The prize includes a personal shopping service with My Stylist@Macy's. Winners are to arrange appointments with My Stylist service at Herald Square store, New York City by phone at 800-343-0121.
14) The prize must be taken during the winner's booked trip to New York City. The prize includes GST and taxes. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, ground transportation, flights or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
15) Prize accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner (and their companion) must take all components of the prize together.
16) The Prize accommodation must be booked by 31 March 2016. The Prize must be completed by 15 December 2016. There can be no changes to the arrangements once the accommodation reservation is confirmed. Once the Hotel accommodation is booked, the other aspects of the prize can be booked. All Prize fulfilment and booking details will be provided to once the winner is confirmed.
17) Each part of the prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winner will be notified by email by 4 December 2015 and their name may be published in on Qantas' Facebook page on 4 December or within 7 days after the judging takes place.
Judging backup entries
20) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional entry to be used as backup winner in the event that the first entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 8 December 2015, the Promoter will award the prize to the backup winner in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 10 December within 2 days and their names may be published on Qantas' Facebook page on 10 December 2015 or within the next 7 days of being awarded the prize.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.