Win 1 of 33 Lounge Passes to the luxurious Singapore Qantas Lounge
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry is automatic and acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Qantas Airways Limited.
3. The promotion begins on Wednesday, 14 August at 12.00pm (SIN time) and ends on Monday, 9 September 2013 at 11.59pm (SIN time) (the "Promotion Period").
4. Promotion is open to all legal Singapore residents including Permanent Residents an Expatriates with employee pass, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry ("Eligible Entrants"). Employees of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, its affiliates, advertising & promotion agencies, as well as any other entity, or individual, directly associated with this promotion, and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or household members of these entities, are not eligible to participate.
How to enter:
5.To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase a return ticket with a QF number from Singapore to Australia and New Zealand through:
a. Qantas' website at qantas.com or
b. Travel agents at the Natas Fair 16 -18 August 2013.
6. The Promoter and its advertising/promotional agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
7.There are 33 prizes. The prizes include 33 lounge passes to gain entry to the Qantas Singapore lounge. The eligible flights are for departure from 14 August 2013.
8.Approximate retail value of each Prize is USD$25.00, based on operating costs (and the exchange rate) at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
9.Prize passes are subject to availability at the time of the draw and the Qantas Airways Conditions of Carriage.
10.Lounge Passes are for flights with a QF flight number departing from Singapore from 14 August 2013.
11.The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if you are unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by Qantas Airways Limited. Any unused portions of the prize will be forfeited.
12.The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, payments to third parties, ground transportation or any other costs not specifically stated.
13.Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. Qantas Airways Limited makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
14.If a prize or any part of a prize cannot, in the opinion of Qantas Airways Limited, be provided for any reason, then Qantas Airways Limited reserves the right to provide an alternative travel prize or part of a prize (including to an alternative destination) to approximately the same value as that part of the prize being replaced.
15.The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
16.The exclusion of liability in clause 15 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
17.If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the rights (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
Drawing and notification:
18.Winners of the Prize will be determined in a random draw from all eligible bookings during the Promotion Period. The draw will be held at 11am on Friday 13 September 2013 at the offices of the Promoter. The winners will be notified by email on the day of the draw. If a potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) working days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by a redraw held on Thursday 19 September 2013 at the same time and same place as the original draw. Up to two alternate winners will be chosen before the prize will be considered unclaimed.
19.Winners will be asked to provide a Singapore mailing address to which a pair of lounge pass coupons will be sent.
20.The results of the draw are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the
22. Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en
Limitation against liability:
23. Winners agree that (except where prohibited) Qantas may use their name, photo/likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. To the extent permitted by law, Qantas, its promotional and advertising agencies, and all respective officers directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by winner for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this promotion. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. Qantas reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Promotion should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond their reasonable control corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the promotion. In such event, Qantas may award the Prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Qantas and its promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Qantas, by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the promotion. Qantas may prohibit an entrant from participating in the promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Qantas' representatives. Promotion is subject to local Singapore laws.
24. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, QANTAS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Official rules request:
25. For a hard-copy of the complete Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope (postmarked no later than Monday, 2 September 2013) to: "Win 1 of 33 lounge passes to the Singapore Qantas Lounge", 1 Magazine Road, #07-13 Central Mall Office Tower, Singapore 059567.
26. For written confirmation of the Grand Prize winner and city of residence, send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) postmarked no later than Thursday, 26 September 2013 to: " Win 1 of 33 lounge passes to the Singapore Qantas Lounge", 1 Magazine Road, #07-13 Central Mall Office Tower, Singapore 059567.
The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (Promoter). 1 Magazine Road, #07-13 Central Mall Office Tower, Singapore 059567. COREGNO F00733M