WIN A TRIP AND CELEBRATE NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011 IN SYDNEY
Terms & Conditions of Entry
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING
1. Information on how to enter forms and part of the terms and conditions of entry.
Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The "Win a trip and celebrate New Year's Eve 2011 in Sydney" (the "Promotion") begins on Tuesday, 16 August 2011 at 12.01am (SIN time) and ends on Monday, 19 September 2011 at 11.59pm (SIN time) (the "Promotion Period").
3. Promotion is open to all legal Singapore residents including Permanent Residents and Expatriates with employee pass, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry ("Eligble Entrants"). Employees of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, its affiliates, advertising & promotion agencies, as well as any other entity, or individual, directly associated with this promotion, and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or household members of these entities, are not eligible to participate.
How to enter:
4. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Visit Qantas' website at qantas.com;
b. complete and submit the online entry form.
5. Each entrant is limited to one entry during the Promotion Period.
6. The Promoter and its advertising/promotional agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
7. There is one prize, which includes:
a. two (2) Qantas return Economy airfares from Singapore to Sydney (departing Singapore on Thursday 29 December 2011 and departing Sydney on Monday 2 January 2012) and
b. three (3) nights twin share accommodation in a 4 star hotel in Sydney (Friday 30 December 2011 to Sunday 1 January 2012);
8. The maximum total prize value is SGD5, 124.00, based on the recommended retail value (and the exchange rate) at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
Prize Terms and Conditions:
9. Prize travel is subject to the Qantas Airways Conditions of Carriage. The prize-winner and their travel companion will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize travel or accommodation. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas points.
10. Flights are permitted on Qantas services only and departures must be from Singapore. The prize-winner and their travel companion must travel together on all flights via the most direct routing.
11. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if you are unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by Qantas Airways Limited. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements, including name changes, once tickets are issued. Travel must occur between 29 December 2011 and 2 January 2012. No extensions will be given. Any unused portions of the prize will be forfeited.
12. The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, payments to third parties, ground transportation or any other costs not specifically stated.
13. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their travel companion. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. Qantas Airways Limited makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore.
14. If a prize or any part of a prize cannot, in the opinion of Qantas Airways Limited, be provided for any reason, then Qantas Airways Limited reserves the right to provide an alternative travel prize or part of a prize (including to an alternative destination) to approximately the same value as that part of the prize being replaced.
15. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
16. The exclusion of liability in clause g) does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
17. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the rights (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
Drawing and notification:
18. Winner of the Grand Prize will be determined in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Drawing will be held on or about Tuesday, 27 September 2011 at the offices of the Promoter. The winner will be notified by email on the day of the draw. If a potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by a redraw held on 30 September 2011 at the same time and same place as the original draw. Up to two alternate winners will be chosen before the prize will be considered unclaimed.
19. The results of the draw are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
Limitation against liability:
21. Winners agree that (except where prohibited) Qantas may use their name, photo/likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. To the extent permitted by law, Qantas, its promotional and advertising agencies, and all respective officers directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by winner for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this promotion. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. Qantas reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Promotion should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond their reasonable control corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the promotion. In such event, Qantas may award the Prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Qantas and its promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Qantas, by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the promotion. Qantas may prohibit an entrant from participating in the promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Qantas' representatives. Promotion is subject to local Singapore laws.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, QANTAS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Official rules request:
For a hard-copy of the complete Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope (postmarked no later than 1 September 2011) to: "Win a trip and celebrate New Year's Eve 2011 in Sydney.", 15 Cairnhill Road. #06-05A. Cairnhill Place. Singapore 229650
For written confirmation of the Grand Prize winner and city of residence, send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) postmarked no later than 20 September 2011 to: "Win a trip and celebrate New Year's Eve 2011 in Sydney", 15 Cairnhill Road. #06-05A. Cairnhill Place. Singapore 229650
The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (Promoter). 15 Cairnhill Road #06-05A, Cairnhill Place, Singapore 229650. COREGNO F00733M