Modern Family Walk On Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (02 9691 0994)
3. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) on 5th February 2014 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 14th February 2014 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to legal residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, any prize sponsor of the Promotion and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, between 5th February and 14th February 2014;
a. Make a Qantas booking (that is, through qantas.com or telephone 13 13 13, or through a travel agent who confirms the tickets issued are Qantas tickets beginning with ticket number 081). Booking fees apply for bookings made by telephone. Some agents may charge service fees for bookings, which vary;
b. For a Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number either on the Qantas International or Domestic network for travel completed by 31 January 2015.
And then between 5th February and 14th February 2014:
c. Complete the entry form at qantas.com/modernfamily - including entering an eligible booking reference number (PNR), full name, age, email address, telephone number and Frequent Flyer member number (if applicable). Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize in its entirety on the dates indicted in condition 14 otherwise the entire prize will be forfeited.
d. Qantas Frequent Flyer members who also enter a valid Frequent Flyer member number will receive two entries into the draw for each entry into the promotion
6. For the purpose of entering this promotion, eligible Qantas bookings can be made using Qantas Points as payment in full (Classic Award) or in part (Any Seat Award).
7. Eligible Entrants can make more than one booking during the Promotion Period. Each new booking (and resulting PNR) made during the Promotion Period will be eligible for one entry into the promotion.
8. A maximum of one entry will be awarded per booking, irrespective of the number of flights on that booking. For the avoidance of doubt, only bookings made between The Promotion Period will be considered eligible for entry. Any booking made prior to 5th February 2014 or after 14th February 2014 will not be considered eligible for entry. The entry/registration form must be filled out and submitted within the Promotion Period.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission, interruption or otherwise.
10. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The draw will be computer generated and will take place at 9.30am (AEST) on 17th February 2014 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
13. There is one prize to be won. The maximum total prize value is $AU4,130 based on the recommended retail value of the fares and hotel. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. The date of filming will fall between the 19th February and 2nd March (subject to change). The winner must be available to take the prize between these dates, subject to confirmation of the final filming date.
14. The prize includes:
a. Return Economy class airfares from the winner's nearest Australian Qantas (or Qantas Link) port, on a direct service to Sydney for 2 adults flying Qantas Airways, (flight associated taxes are included); and
b. Maximum of 4 nights accommodation in Sydney in one twin room. The accommodation is hotel accommodation in a 4-star or 5-star property at the discretion of Qantas and will be booked and managed by Qantas; and
c. A non-speaking, walk on role for the prize winner on the set of Modern Family, an episode of which is being filmed in Sydney between 19th February and 2nd March 2014 (subject to change).
15. The walk-on role may be shot separately from other production activities, and is subject to terms and conditions imposed by the series producer, applicable venues, laws and union/guild agreements. The directors of the show have sole discretion over all elements relating to the walk on role, including shooting dates, the scene selected, visibility of the role, and inclusion in the final edit of the show. The prize winner will receive no compensation regardless of whether the walk-on role actually appears in the episode. Fox reserves the right to substitute the foregoing background role in the episode with a prize of equivalent value, as determined by Fox in its sole discretion, if circumstances so require.
16. The winner and their companion are solely responsible for any and all in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies) telephone calls, meals, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals and any other expenses not specified herein. The winner will be required to provide a valid VISA, Mastercard, AMEX or Diners credit card, debit card, or cash deposit upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the Winner's hotel room will be charged to the Winner's major valid credit card, debit card, or cash deposit provided. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. Hotel accommodation for four nights in Sydney in a twin room is subject to availability, additional restrictions may apply.
17. Airfares are subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion(s) must travel and stay together on all prize flights, activity and accommodation respectively. Winner and their companion(s) will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize flights or accommodation. Prize includes applicable taxes and GST. If the winner's closest Qantas serviced airport is Sydney the airfare portion of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation or payment will be given in lieu.
18. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. All travel associated with the prize is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
19. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued.
Notification of the winner
20. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within 1 working day after the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 18th February 2014.
Right of the promoter to redraw
21. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 24th February 2014, the Promoter may instruct MDSA to conduct a redraw on 25th February 2014 at the same place and time as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. A winner selected by this method will be notified by phone, in writing by email within 2 working days after being selected, and their name will be published at www.Facebook.com/qantas, twitter.com/qantasairways and qantas.com on 26th February 2014. Their name will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 26 February 2014.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24. The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
26. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/00525 & ACT TP14/00219.