Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and NAB Reach New Heights
Sydney, 29 October 2008
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program today announced the introduction of the new NAB Qantas Gold and NAB Qantas Platinum credit card range* from National Australia Bank (NAB).
The Chief Executive Officer of Qantas Frequent Flyer Simon Hickey said the new NAB Qantas card products allowed NAB customers to accelerate points earn as each account came with the benefit of two cards - a NAB Qantas American Express Card and either a NAB Qantas Visa card or a NAB Qantas MasterCard card.
"With these direct earn cards, members can maximise the benefits of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program by seamlessly earning points on every day purchases and building points in their Qantas Frequent Flyer account," Mr Hickey said.
Mr Hickey said features of the new cards offered by NAB include (see below for more details):
- 1.5 points for every $1 spent on the NAB Qantas Platinum American Express Card;
- no points cap on the NAB Qantas Platinum card account; and
- automatic crediting of points to a member's Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month.
"Members can accelerate their points earning to redeem their desired Qantas Frequent Flyer Awards sooner."
He said that by making a purchase using the new NAB cards from any of the 350 plus Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners, members could earn points twice from the one transaction - once by making the payment on their card and once with the partner when they present their Qantas Frequent Flyer card.
"Members have an impressive array of reward choices that include Qantas and Partner Classic Awards and Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Awards.
"The new Qantas Frequent Flyer program also gives members the choice of more than 1,000 products, including over 100 retail and travel vouchers from the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store," he said.
NAB General Manager, Cards and Personal Loans, Sam Nickless, said the new cards were a welcome addition to NAB's credit card portfolio.
"We are delighted to be launching our new range of Qantas credit cards as they allow our customers to continue to take advantage of Qantas Frequent Flyer program benefits.
"We know many of our customers are serious about points earn, and a key feature of the new range is it enables customers to accelerate the number of points earned by giving them two cards that are part of one simple account – with one statement, one credit limit and one monthly repayment."
For more information, go to qantas.com/cards
Features of the new cards offered by NAB include:
NAB Qantas Platinum Card account
- 1.5 points for every $1 spent on the NAB Qantas Platinum American Express Card.
- two points for every $3 spent on the NAB Qantas Platinum Visa card. NAB Qantas MasterCard card not available with the NAB Qantas Platinum Card account.
- one additional point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services, conditions apply.
- up to 44 interest free days.
- complimentary NAB insurances including: Overseas Travel Insurance; Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance; Transport Accident Insurance; Purchase Protection Insurance; and Extended Warranty Insurance and more.
NAB Qantas Gold Card account^
$0-$3,000 account spend per month (i.e. total spend across all cards on the card account):
- one point per $1 spent on NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card.
- two points per $3 spent on the NAB Qantas Visa Gold card or the NAB Qantas Gold MasterCard card.
$3,001-$10,000 account spend per month:
- one point per $2 spent on NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card.
- one point per $3 spent on the NAB Qantas Visa Gold card or the NAB Qantas Gold MasterCard card.
Above $10,001 account spend per month: no further points earned.
^Points earn is tiered based on total monthly eligible purchases across all cards on the NAB Qantas Gold card account. And Points are calculated first on eligible purchases made with the NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card, then on eligible purchases made with the NAB Qantas Visa Gold card or NAB Qantas Gold MasterCard card. See worked examples in the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions.
*Cards and points are offered by NAB. Card issuer and credit provider is NAB. Card features information supplied by NAB and is current as at 29 October 2008. Other fees and charges, conditions, lending and eligibility criteria (including age restrictions) apply. For details refer to NAB.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3843)