Qantas Launches New Domestic Experience
Sydney, 18 November 2010
Qantas today launched its new domestic flying experience, with a new domestic food and wine program and the official launch of Next Generation Check-in.
Qantas CEO Alan Joyce said the launch of Next Generation Check-in and a number of enhancements across the domestic network from this week will exceed customers' expectations.
"Next Generation Check-in has now opened in Sydney and Perth and is already dramatically reducing domestic check-in times for customers allowing them to move through the check-in area with increased speed and ease," said Mr Joyce.
"In addition to Next Generation Check-in, Qantas has made changes across the entire domestic experience with the most significant changes to the Business Class offering, both inflight and on the ground."
"Qantas invented Business Class travel in 1979. We have set standards both nationally and internationally and we're now raising the bar once again."
"The introduction of Neil Perry designed menus means our domestic Business Class offering has been aligned to that of international Business Class - it's now one premium standard."
"Qantas customers will now enjoy Neil Perry menus inflight and throughout Qantas Business Lounges, with matching wines. Our new menus are more contemporary, seasonal, and adventurous and will change weekly," added Mr Joyce.
Qantas Consulting Chef Neil Perry said the menus are market driven, fresh, delivered at a time of day appropriate to the produce and to the customer's desires.
"In our domestic Business Lounges, enhancements include a greater variety of hot meal selections, tray around snacks, such as warm marinated olives and house made savoury spiced popcorn, and a 'plate of the day' table dining service in the form of a light supper with matching wine - prepared to order," said Neil Perry.
"We have kept the food offering simple - classic with a contemporary feel and more appropriate to the time of day with great emphasis on freshness and choice. There will be comfort food - rustic apple frangipane tart, caramel chocolate and macadamia slice, a fun selection of sweet and savoury nibbles in cookie jars, a new, more adventurous selection of fresh salads, antipasto, wood fired Italian pizza, artisan breads and quality local and imported cheeses."
The inflight Business Class experience will also be more closely aligned to the international Business Class experience. Customers will be able to experience new Neil Perry designed menus, with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine panel.
In Economy Class and in Qantas Clubs, passengers will enjoy new menus influenced by Neil Perry, including premium breakfasts, a greater range of hot options, enhanced refreshments and a greater range of seasonal cheese and fruits.
The new domestic experience will mean even greater satisfaction levels for Qantas customers. Over the past twelve months Qantas has progressively introduced new ways to make the customer's journey even more enjoyable across all aspects of their travel experience.
"Qantas customers can now check-in via their mobile phone, pre-select seats, check-in and pass through premium security lanes, enjoy more food and wine and be treated to enhanced levels of service both inflight and in the lounges," said Mr Joyce.
The New Qantas Domestic Experience
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Addition of an entrée course on trans Continent and trans Tasman flights
• Customer Service Manager hosting Business Class passengers
• Silver service in the Business Cabin
• Appropriate time of day offering (i.e. antipasto platters in the afternoon)
Qantas Business Lounges
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly
• New tray around snack service in the morning and evening
• Island dining offering a "plate of the day" with matching wine
• Appropriate time of day meal offerings and increased portion sizes
• Enhanced environment with new furnishings including Qantas signature Akira Isogawa fabric feature walls and custom lounge furniture designed specifically for Qantas
• Qantas Signature Moooi Light pendants in contrasting sizes which animate the bar area
• Enhanced environment with fresh flowers and a new scent specifically designed for Qantas by Air Aroma
• New Apple Mac technology
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Complimentary Bar from 4pm on all CityFlyer flights
• New premium breakfasts
• New range of hot dinners
• Enhanced refreshments and seasonal fruit
• Enhanced personal recognition for Frequent Flyers by Cabin Crew
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly
• Signature Italian wood fired pizza
• Candy Bar
• New Apple Mac technology
• Enhanced environment with a new scent and fresh flowers
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5042)