Qantas operates more flights to Europe and Asia
Brisbane, 27 May 2002
Qantas today announced capacity increases on its Singapore and Europe routes as part of its new northern winter schedules.
Qantas Executive General Manager Sales and Marketing John Borghetti said the new schedules included:
* Three additional Boeing 747 return services from Australia to London via Singapore from 7 December, bringing the total number of return services Qantas operates on the route to 21 each week;
* Five new Boeing 767-300 return Sydney-Singapore services each week;
* Five new Boeing 767-300 return services each week between Singapore and Melbourne, connecting in Singapore with Qantas services from London, Paris and Rome;
* Three new return services each week from Perth to Rome via Singapore to be operated by newly reconfigured two-class Boeing 747-400 aircraft;
* Three new return services each week between Perth and Paris via Singapore, to be operated with newly reconfigured two-class Boeing 747-400 aircraft;
* An upgrade of aircraft on return Singapore-Brisbane services from Boeing 767s to Boeing 747-300s, providing 435 additional seats each week on the route;
* An upgrade from Boeing 767 to Boeing 747-400 aircraft on seven Perth-Singapore return services, providing an extra 1421 seats each week.
Mr Borghetti said Qantas would continue to monitor international routes.
"We are well placed to put more capacity into the market as international demand continues to grow," he said.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (2711)
Media Contact: Melissa Thomson