Qantas announces direct flights to five Queensland cities
Brisbane, 17 May 2002
Qantas non-stop Boeing 717 services into five popular Queensland holiday centres from Sydney and Melbourne went on sale today.
Regional General Manager Queensland Terry Simpson said the new services, to be introduced in June and July, gave customers a direct service into far north-Queensland cities with easy connections to the Whitsunday Group of Islands, coastal resorts and regional ports.
The schedule includes:
* Daily return services between Maroochydore and Melbourne from 6 June;
* Four return services each week between Rockhampton and Sydney from 4 July;
* Four return services each week between Proserpine and Sydney from 4 July;
* Three return services each week between Townsville and Sydney from 5 July. These services are in addition to the daily services currently operating between the two cities; and
* Three return services each week between Mackay and Sydney from 5 July.
Mr Simpson said the services coincided with the school holidays in New South Wales and Victoria and encouraged customers to visit the airline's website qantas.com for internet fares, telephone the airline on 13 13 13 or contact their travel agent.
"Qantas now operates more than 600 domestic services each week into Queensland from other Australian states," he said.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (2703)
Media Contact: Melissa Thomson