Qantas Launches New Domestic Fares and Frequent Flyer Enhancements
Sydney, 07 July 2011
Qantas today launched a new domestic fare structure providing customers with greater simplicity, flexibility and further Qantas Frequent Flyer benefits when travelling with Qantas. The changes apply across the domestic mainline and regional networks.
Qantas Group Executive Commercial, Mr Rob Gurney said the new fare structure was designed to offer customers access to a range of user-friendly and flexible fare options.
"Regardless of which fare type you book for Qantas domestic travel we offer a meal or refreshment, inflight entertainment (except on QantasLink services) and a checked baggage allowance of one piece of luggage up to 23 kilograms," Mr Gurney said.
The previous four economy fare families have been reduced to three and now include Red eDeal, Flexi Saver and Fully Flexible fares.
- Red eDeal -the lowest year-round fares we offer providing the best value for money
- Flexi Saver - fares offering a greater range of flexibility and choice
- Fully Flexible - fares offering complete flexibility with full refund option
- Business - our full premium fare, which provides additional baggage allowances, Neil Perry designed menus, Business class Qantas points earn and access to dedicated Business lounges in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra domestic terminals
Lowest year round one way lead-in prices start from (subject to availability):
- Sydney to Melbourne from $112
- Adelaide to Melbourne from $109
- Brisbane to Sydney from $112
- Brisbane to Melbourne from $155
- Melbourne to Perth from $219
- Sydney to Perth from $239
Full terms and conditions are available at www.qantas.com
Qantas Frequent Flyers will also enjoy new benefits from today with all Qantas Domestic Economy fares, now including Red eDeals, now eligible for Domestic Flight Upgrade Awards to Business using Qantas Points, where available.
In addition all flexible domestic fares will be classed as 'Economy' resulting in improved Status credit earn and upgrade rates for members on more fares.
When buying one of these fares for a service operated by Qantas, Frequent Flyers are also guaranteed to continue earning at least 1000 points on even the shortest flight or most affordable ticket.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5147)