The World's Best Inflight Entertainment On Qantas Airbus A380
Sydney, 24 July 2007
Qantas today revealed the next generation inflight entertainment system to be installed onboard its new Airbus A380 aircraft, being delivered from August 2008.
Qantas Executive General Manager John Borghetti said the technologically advanced system, manufactured by Panasonic Avionics Corporation, would offer customers greater choice, wireless connectivity and in-seat access to email and the internet.
"There has never been anything like this onboard a commercial aircraft," Mr Borghetti said.
He said wide screen digital monitors in all cabins and a state-of-the-art graphic user interface would allow passengers to easily navigate through a vast range of entertainment options, including
on-demand video and audio programs and games.
"We have gone beyond the traditional movie and audio options to include Lonely Planet destination information, language tutorials, audio books, Deloitte business courses and PC style games.
"Customers in all classes will also be able to stay connected with in seat email and internet access or using their personal laptops to connect to a wireless network," Mr Borghetti said.
Features of Qantas new A380 inflight entertainment system include:
* Wide screen monitors in all cabins with digital picture and sound quality;
* Audio and video on demand with over 100 on demand movies, 350 television selections, 500 audio CDs, 30 PC style games, as well as a selection of audio books and radio channels;
* Lonely Planet destination and arrival guides;
* Language tutorials;
* Deloitte Leadership Academy;
* Online duty free shopping;
* Moving maps, text news and weather;
* An intuitive state-of-the-art graphic user interface allowing customers to easily navigate through entertainment options or use the in-seat communications;
* Wireless connectivity throughout the aircraft;
* In-seat access to email and the internet, telephone and SMS;
* USB and RJ45 ports as well as PC power for all seats; and
* An external camera giving a pilot's eye view of take-off, landing and cruising.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3620)