Qantas Large Area Flight Delay Plan
A Large Area Flight Delay occurs where there are numerous arrival and departure flight delays that cause a significantly large number of passengers to be detained in an airport within a certain period of time. The airport is responsible for confirming large area flight delay according to flight volumes, airport capacities, and other factors.
In the event of a Large Area Flight Delay Qantas will work constructively with airport authorities, ATM and other support service units at airports to which it operates, including in relation to the airport's, ATM's and other relevant authorities':
- large area flight delay emergency response plan;
- large area flight delay coordination mechanism plan;
- sharing information coordination system;
- flight release coordination system; and
- passenger service coordination system.