Cricket jump onboard competiton
Terms and conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on 1 November 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on 16 January 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. (Eligible Entrants)
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Make a new Eligible Booking on qantas.com (or with a travel agent). An Eligible Booking includes at least one one-way or return flight starting with a Qantas flight number (QF),
b) Complete the entry form on qantas.com/jumponboard, enter a flight booking confirmation number and your cricket ticket details
c) In 100 words or less, share your story of what lengths you have taken to get to the cricket.
d) Submit the form
6) Multiple entries are allowed, however, a maximum of one entry will be awarded per Eligible Booking, irrespective of the number of flights on that booking. For the avoidance of doubt, only new Eligible Bookings made during the Promotion Period will be considered eligible for entry.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission, interruption or otherwise.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on whether the requirements under clause 5(a), 5(b) and 5(d) have been fulfilled and on creativity and originality of the answer provided as per Clause 5(c)
11) Judging will take place at 09:00am on 18 January 2016 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$2,000, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) The prize will include:
a) Return economy class airfares for the prizewinner and companion from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Auckland. Flights will depart on 2 February 2016 and return on 4 February 2016.
b) Twin Share Accommodation at Mercure Hotel Auckland for two (2) nights in Auckland for the winner and companion.
c) Two (2) tickets to Australia v New Zealand ANZ ODI match on 3 February 2016 in Auckland.
15) The accommodation is at the discretion of Qantas and will be booked and managed by Qantas.
16) For winners who are residents of the city or live in reasonable close proximity to the city where the prize is based, flights and accommodation will not form any part of the prize.
17) The winner is solely responsible for any in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies) telephone calls, meals, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals and any other expenses not specified herein. The winner will be required to provide a valid VISA, Mastercard, AMEX or Diners credit card, debit card, or cash deposit upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the winner's hotel room will be charged to the winner's major valid credit card, debit card, or cash deposit provided. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. Rooms are subject to availability, additional restrictions may apply.
18) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companions. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
19) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
20) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked 28 January 2016. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 5 February 2016 There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
21) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
22) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23) By entering this promotion entrants agree to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with the ticket conditions which accompany any tickets won in conjunction with the promotion. Entrants also agree to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with Cricket Australia's Conditions of Ticket Purchase, Entry to a Venue and Attendance at a Match 2016 supplemented by conditions of entry imposed by the venue operator. The Promoter will provide every person attending the match as part of the promotion with a copy of Cricket Australia's Conditions of Ticket Purchase, Entry to a Venue and Attendance at a Match 2016 with delivery of the prize tickets.
Notification of the winner
24) The winner will be notified by phone by 18 January 2016 and their name will be published on qantas.com/jumponboard on 20 January 2016.
Judging backup entries
25) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 20 January 2016, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone by 20 January 2016 and their names will be published on qantas.com/jumponboard
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27) The Promoter, Cricket Australia, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28) The exclusion of liability in clause 27 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
29) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.