Inaugural A380 flight Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth Competition
Share your best BBQ recipe to win a trip on the inaugural A380 flight from Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Ph: (02) 9691 4773) (Promoter).
3. All references to time are to the local time in Sydney, Australia, unless otherwise noted. The competition opens 12 September 2014 at 10AM and closes 17 September 2014 at 10AM (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Log onto www.facebook.com and visit the Qantas Facebook page (www.facebook.com/qantas);
b) Comment on the 'Share your best BBQ recipe' Facebook competition post, sharing your best BBQ recipe, an image of your best BBQ recipe and tell us in 25 words or less why it's a winning recipe;
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Facebook account is held.
10. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with Facebook's Terms of Service and other related policies (available at www.facebook.com).
11. The Promoter will not accept entries that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, , threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
Judging of entries
12. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
13. Entries will be judged based on the originality, creativity and suitability of their responses to the question.
14. In the event that there are two identical answers deemed to be the most original, creative and suitable, then the first answer submitted will be declared the winner.
15. Judging will take place on Wednesday 17 September 2014 at 2PM at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020 and will be conducted by the Promoter.
16. There is one prize, return Premium Economy flights for the winner and a friend from Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth. Outbound travel must be on QF7 on 29 September 2014 (which is subject to government and regulatory approval). Inbound travel must be on QF8. (also currently subject to government and regulatory approval).
17. The prize winner and their companion must travel together on the prize flights.
18. The maximum total prize value is AU$13262 (each individual prize value is AU$6631) based on the recommend retail value of the prize and the exchange rate at the time of publication. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
19. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued.
20. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, and meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
21. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize tickets are valid for Premium Economy Class (W class only) air travel. The winner and their companion will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize travel or accommodation. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
22. If the prize (or a part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
23. The winner will be notified by a Facebook comment on the original competition post mentioning them after the judging of entries on Thursday 18 September at 9AM and their name will be published on facebook.com/qantas
24. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the Facebook notification by Friday 19 September 2014 at 9AM by private message, including their email address and phone number.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
25. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 19 September 2014 at 9AM, a second round of judging will take place at 9.30AM 19 September 2014 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner(s) determined in accordance with this clause will be notified will be notified by a Facebook comment on the original competition post tagging them in and their name will be published on facebook.com/qantas
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28. The exclusion of liability in clause 27 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business, and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
29. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/privacy/global/en.
Liability for taxation as a result of accepting a prize
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Important information and conditions about entering competitions on Facebook
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
32. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
33. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.Back to top