Online Booking Help
There are seven steps in the booking process.
View a demonstration of the new booking features, or select a step below for detailed page help.
How do I book a journey that requires travel on Qantas and Jetstar?
If you have requested a trip that involves flights on both Qantas and Jetstar you will be presented with a screen that contains two separate booking forms. The booking form for the first flight is displayed in the top half of the screen. This is followed by the booking form for your next flight.
The bookings are not linked to each other. You will need to complete the Qantas booking within the Qantas booking form and the Jetstar booking within the Jetstar booking form. You can switch between the two forms as you wish. Be aware that the booking processes will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity for security purposes.
Ensure that you allow at least 90 minutes to connect between flights. Note: QF1-399 leave from the international terminal. You must allow at least 150 minutes to connect to these flights. To the extent permitted by law, Qantas and Jetstar will not take responsibility if you miss your connection.
Where should I search for fares?
There are three entry points on the Qantas homepage:
- Red e-Deals - our lowest, internet only domestic fares. Great for comparing prices across dates if you don't know when you would like to travel.
- Global Deals - our lowest international fares. Great for comparing prices across dates if you don't know when you would like to travel.
- Domestic/International Flights - searches all fares including Red e-Deals and Global Deals. Use this search when you know what dates you would like to travel.
How do I find the cheapest fare?
- Try to book well in advance. Our Red e-Deals and Global Deals are subject to availability, and being our lowest fares they sell fast. You can be amongst the first to know when new Red e-Deals go on sale by subscribing to Red e-Mail.
- Try to travel outside peak travel times. For domestic fares, these are mid-morning and early afternoon, Monday mornings, Friday evenings, Sunday afternoons, and public holidays.
- Be flexible. Have alternative times and dates ready just in case your first preference is not available.
Note: Have all your details handy including credit card details and Frequent Flyer number. The booking engine is designed to timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity for security purposes.