Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill - G'Day LA Black Tie Gala
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW, Australia 2020 (telephone number 13 31 13) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 11:00am (AEST) on 14 December 2011 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 21 December 2011. (Promotion Period).
- Entry is open only to Australian residents who are registered as members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and age 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding (a)directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate,and (b) members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time the winner is determined.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) go to the website http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/gday-la-promotion/au/en
b) Enter their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and other personal details in the spaces provided; and
c) State in 25 words or less, "Who would you like to meet at G'day LA and why?"
- The Promoter will appoint a panel of judges who will select an entry from an Eligible Entrant which they consider to be the most creative.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The result of the judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging will take place at 4.00pm (AEST) on 22 December 2011 at 383 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will be conducted by the Promoter.Chance plays no part in determining the judges' selection. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one prize. The maximum total prize value is $9,300, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The winner will receive the following prize:
a) Two (2) tickets to the G'Day LA Black Tie Gala dinner (Gala Dinner) held at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel in Los Angeles on 14 January 2012
b) Two (2) return economy Qantas flights from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Los Angeles
c) Two (2) nights accommodation in a standard room only at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel
d) Two (2) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a "Travel Certificate") wholly on American Airlines or its "Airline Associates" (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier) from Los Angeles to any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the 48 contiguous United States of Winner's choice. Excludes applicable fees, charges and taxes see section 17. Valid until 30 April 2012. Includes the 48 contiguous United States and the Bahamas, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico.
e) $500 AUD cash
- The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage. The prize does not include (and the winner will be responsible for):
a) any telephone, laundry, mini-bar, room service or in-room charges;
b) any meals, beverages, gratuities or tips; and
c) any other charges paid or payable to accommodation or other suppliers for personal or ancillary services.
- The winner and their companion will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize travel or accommodation.
- The companion of the winner must also be 18 years or older.
- The prize must be taken by the winner in order to attend the Gala Dinner and is subject to availability. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of any prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- American Airlines Travel Authorization Certificate and Travel Terms: Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Each Travel Certificate may be used for air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel sold and originating in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel Certificate redemption is based on availability at the time of reservation, and must adhere to applicable embargoed dates. Travel for the prize winner and his or her travel companion(s) must be completed by April 30, 2012. If the prize winner is unable to travel by this date, the prize will be forfeited. Expiration date cannot be extended. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. American Airlines is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. American Airlines reserves the right to revise the Travel Certificate rules and conditions at any time without notice. Travel must originate and end from any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner's guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner's immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest's parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. The winner and his or her travel companion(s) must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Schedules subject to change without notice.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email on 22 December 2011.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or any other applicable law, The Promoter, and all prize providers and each of their related bodies corporate and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury or death whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion and/or entry into the promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the acceptance of or use of any prize. In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' means the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a state or territory of Australia.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the selected winner with the next best Eligible Entrant in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 12:00am (AEST) on 30 December 2011, a second judging will take place at 2:00pm (AEST) on 30 December 2011 subject to any written direction given under applicable law.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes including to American Airlines and to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com/frequentflyer. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at qantas.com.au/info/privacy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
AmericanAirlines, Executive Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Back to top