Flights to BrisbaneSearch now
Whether you’re looking for a close encounter with some of Australia’s wildlife or a relaxing time soaking up the culture, you’ve arrived in the right city.
Brisbane gets its name from the Brisbane River, one of the city’s main natural features. While nestled in one of the most spectacular natural areas of Australia, Brisbane is a modern city, home to a number of artistic venues, museums, galleries. If you’re a foodie, you won’t want to miss the range of world-class restaurants and cafes to which Brisbane lays claim.
Long Pine Koala Sanctuary
The Long Pine Koala Sanctuary has been rated as one of the top ten zoos in the world and is one of Australia’s first koala sanctuaries - it began in 1927 with two koalas called Jack and Jill. Visitors have a very unique opportunity to hold koalas for free.
Surfers Paradise is a suburb of Gold Coast city, located about an hour away from Brisbane. It is a must-see for surfing and beach lovers alike. Beyond the beach, the suburb itself offers a range of touristic attractions, including a lively shopping precinct, restaurants, cafes and bars.
Warner Bros Movie World
Hollywood meets the Gold Coast at the Warner Bros Movie World theme park. This is one of the most sought after tourist attractions, especially for families with young ones. Take your photo with your favourite Warner Bros character or get an adrenaline rush at one of the park’s rides. Movie World is located about 45 minutes south of Brisbane and 20 minutes north of Surfers Paradise.
Things to do in and around Brisbane
There’s no shortage of things to see and do in Brisbane and the entire state of Queensland.
Whether you are looking for beautiful natural settings or to explore the truly unique Australian wildlife, Brisbane is the right place for you. Here are some of the experiences you can’t afford to miss:
- Cycle along the banks of the Brisbane River
- Cuddle a koala at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Swim at Streets Beach, Australia’s only inner-city beach
- Go whale watching on Moreton Bay
- Visit the dolphins at Tangalooma Island Resort
- Take a guided tour of Queensland’s famous XXXX Brewery
- Discover the wildlife and beaches of North Stradbroke Island
- Visit the iconic Surfers Paradise area
No one knows long haul travel like Qantas and there is no other flight quite like Qantas to get you on your way to Australia.
AUSTRALIA. Qantas makes it easy.
Discover why the best of Australia starts with Qantas.
Qantas has re-defined the international travel experience between North America and Australia* - with fully flat beds in Business, spacious seats in Premium Economy and even self-serve snack bars in Economy in addition to a new inflight dining experience with a bigger choice of complimentary meals and drinks.After taking off, settle back and enjoy our friendly hospitality along with Australia's best wine and food, as well as thousands of on-demand entertainment choices in every seat.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the journey.
- Sit back and relax in our ergonomically designed slimline seats with built-in lumbar support for your comfort. Features such as adjustable headrests and reclination in your seat are sure to keep you comfortable for the duration of your journey.
- Self-service snack bars on A380 and refurbished 747 aircraft
- Personal on-demand, in-flight entertainment system with 1,500 options
- On selected international flights, you will be treated to a continuous refreshment service every 60-90 minutes and to add variety, a third main meal option for long haul flights and a dedicated self serve snack bar onboard the A380 and refurbished B747 aircraft.
Experience our award winning premium travel class^
- Enjoy personalised service in an exclusive environment with dedicated flight attendants.
- Stretch out in spacious seats with extra width and recline. Plus enjoy extra legroom with legrest and fold out footrest.
- Relax as soon as you're on board with a complimentary sparkling wine or beverage.
- Choose from a selection of premium Australian wines that match the contemporary multi-course menus inspired by leading Australian restaurateur Neil Perry.
- Enjoy our continuous refreshment service and self-serve bars throughout the flight.
- Enjoy your on-demand, in-flight entertainment system featuring over 1500 entertainment choices with noise-cancelling headsets.
- Stay refreshed and cosy with complimentary comfort kit plus blanket and pillow on selected flights.
- Sleep soundly in our fully-flat, extra-long beds complete with sleep service including mattress, duvet and turndown service, plus designer pajamas on selected flights.
- Unwind with your personanl in-seat massage system and fully adjustable seat.
- Savor our onboard cuisine with a signature, made-to-order menu designed by leading restaurateur Neil Perry.
- Choose premium Australia wines from our award winning cellar in the sky.
- Enjoy over 1500 entertainment choices on demand via your personal touch screen TV with noise-cancelling headsets.
- Stay refreshed with your exclusive amenity kit from Kate and Jack Spade including a selection of luxury skin care products.
- Relax in style before your flight in our Qantas Business lounges, including the new Los Angeles oneworld lounge.
^ Qantas wins Best International Premium Economy at the Australian Business Traveller Awards 2012
~ Note: The above product is not available on Honolulu services operated by A330 or B767 aircrafts