Terms and Conditions
- Fly Carbon Neutral is a voluntary contribution.
- Your payment will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
- If you book a Qantas Any Seat Award or Classic Award flight you can offset your carbon emissions with Qantas Points. The points required will vary. There is no GST component if you offset using Qantas points.
- Your points or payment and the applicable GST will not be refunded under any circumstances, including in the event we cancel your flight or where you do not travel on your scheduled flight.
- Qantas will provide you with a tax invoice by e-mail when you make your contribution. We will not provide duplicate tax invoices. If you use points to offset your carbon emissions you will not receive a receipt by e-mail. The transaction will be recorded in your monthly Qantas Frequent Flyer statement.
- The Qantas carbon offset program has been certified under the Australian Government's National Carbon Offset Standard.
- If your itinerary includes a Jetstar flight you cannot offset your flights during the booking process. To offset an itinerary that includes both a Qantas and a Jetstar flight, visit the calculator at qantas.com/flycarbonneutral.
- The calculation method provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your seat on your flight.
- Infants are not included in the calculation of flight emissions for online bookings. An infant is a passenger aged up to 23 months inclusive. Children are included in the calculation at the same rate as adults.
- Your contribution will be used to acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' as defined under the Australian Government's National Carbon Offset Standard. We may at our absolute discretion acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
- While Qantas has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on the Qantas and Jetstar websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Qantas is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
- Both Qantas and Jetstar reserve the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (16 March 2016) and may be amended by Qantas from time to time without giving notice to you.
You should also read the general terms and conditions that apply to use of the qantas.com website.
Back to top